[3] Looney Bird

WARNING (cuz yall can't read lmao): Spells will be the same as Noelle's. They are the same bloodline AND have the same magic, with a variance of course. Pace will also be quick because I want to get to the good stuff and not the boring stuff. Don't like it? Don't comment, drop the book. Don't ruin my day. I'm taking time out of my life to write this and I don't need some NPC commenting on the lack of 'originality'.

Reader POV

Leopold and I recently became closer as a result of sharing a common intolerance of that wind-magic prick.

Right now he and I were reading up on magic theory in the royal library, shit talking him left and right.

"What's even with his hair?" Leopold leaned into the chair, putting his feet up on the nearby foot stool. "Surely he should brush it out?"

"What'd you expect from him. He doesn't understand the ways of the Golden Dawn." I rolled my eyes. "And now he's on my team. I'd rather eat poisoned boiled frogs than be near him."

Leopold burst out laughing and high fived me. "Ok that's actually really funny. Say, what's his deal anyway? Mimosa tells me he's really quiet around everyone else but the second you enter the room, it's a bloodbath."

"Well, I tried to be friends with him. Captain Vangeance would never assign me any missions for his dumb reasons so Yuno and I decided we would battle it out to show our power. I ended up beating him and I thought he would be cool with it. Instead, he's being a sore looser." I blew a raspberry. "Since then, he's been rude."

"I see." Leopold tapped his fingers on the cover of the book. "Well if he's being rude to you around me I'll show him his place! Don't worry, (n/n)! I gotchu."

"Thanks Leo." I leaned against his shoulder and sighed. "He's just a stupid guy with insane magic."

Leopold reciprocated my affection and rested his head on my shoulder. "It's not too late to join my squad."

"Leo, I told you that I can't. Besides, you know my cousin Nozel told me that he's going to arrange a marriage with someone soon. He doesn't want me changing squads. I personally hope it's someone nice."

"Perhaps me?" Leopold said, but I could not tell if he was joking or not.

"I know you better than any of the nobles besides Klaus and Langris so maybe. I'd rather not worry about it now." I rested my face on his chest and looked up at him, the afternoon sun setting his hair to a beautiful vermillion color.

"Is there something on my face?" Leopold asked me with worry.

I shook my head and closed my eyes. "Nothing you should worry about, Leo."

Our perfect moment was ruined by the top person I didn't want to see, aside from Nozel Silva himself.

"There you are."

My eyes jolted open when I saw Yuno standing by us, arms crossed and glaring at both of us. "What are you doing here?"

"Klaus asked me to find you. We're going out for dinner."

"Go without me! And how did you find me anyway? What are you, a stalker?"

Yuno scoffed. "As if I'd be interested with the likes of you. I followed your mana trail, don't overthink it. Let's go."

I shook my head and gave him an icy glare. "Are you deaf? I told you to go without me. I can go to the area by myself."

"And how will you find us?"

"The same way you found me. Get lost!" I turned my face so it was completely in Leopold's chest as he tried not to laugh.

I could feel Yuno's gaze burning me to cinders but I didn't move.