[37] Until the Last Breath

No One's POV

Consumed by fear, it was only a matter of time before the barriers Sol Maron placed around the kingdom would crumble. The Spade Queen had been out for two days and though they sealed off the sea from consuming everything, her magic had been lifted when she was pierced by Yuno's sword.

"This is the biggest disaster that has faced humanity since the time Lumiere killed Licht," Nero said with a grim face as she looked over the castle walls where she could see magic knights the royal knights, and the Spade kingdom Order of Spades trying their best to save everyone who did not escape prior.

Back in the royal bedchamber, Julius looked at his daughter who had only grown more frail in her state. The bags under her eyes were prominent, her frame much smaller.

"Is there no way to save the kingdom?" Julius looked at Dawn, Noelle, and various other advisors and mages who could use water magic.

Dawn shook her head, looking at her magic table which displayed the tremors of waves. "Not unless she wakes up."

"But what about Lolopechka?" Noelle demanded, refusing to believe her best friend and cousin was the only one who could save them. "Surely the Heart Queen can do something??"

Asta put a comforting hand on his fiancée, giving her a reluctant sigh. "Unfortunately Lolopechka's skills will not allow her to put up enough of a barrier. Meanwhile (y/n) quite literally has the power of the sea at her command. If she does not wake up, the sea will plunge us all. I cannot move anything as it is a natural force."

"Then we should move!" Klaus jumped to his feet. "We can still evacuate everyone to the other kingdoms!"

"You don't understand, foolish boy." Mereleona's face did not hold an ounce of mischief nor did it offer comfort, only the grave truth. "The waves will continue to build on each other and there is no telling where it stops. The moving tectonic plates will also move the magma underground and multiple eruptions will occur, which it is our job to restrain."

Julius looked over at Yuno who was saying nothing but holding his wife's hand, praying to every single god in existence that his wife would be alright and wake up. Despite him being the one to strike her, Julius could not deny him visitation as he was still the king of another kingdom, a powerful one at that. Julius himself did not know the full extent of what led to his daughter being in a coma.

Mimosa finally came into the room, having been in trouble in the Heart Kingdom as she was one of the best healers and had to help her apprentices there. "I'm so sorry I'm late!" She didn't bother to address anyone else in the room, only caring to save her best friend. "Yuno, I will need you to move-"

"No. Do your magic with me here, I'm not leaving her side." Yuno looked at his wife as his eyes finally opened, tears in them. "I'm not leaving her again."

Leopold wanted to rip him to shreds but even he knew why Julius let him be there. "Why should you? You're the reason why she's like this and why we're in this mess."

"Let him stay." Mereleona's voice was firm but even she did not disguise her hatred for the Spade King.

Mimosa nodded and got to work, only to jump. Her eyes were as if she had seen the Netherworld. "Yuno-"

"What?" He demanded, clearly not patient enough for her to speak.

"It's your wife. She's carrying your child. Did you not know?"

The entire room which had been filled with people arguing back and forth with what should happen went dead silent.

In fact, it was so quiet they could hear a pin drop.