[15] The Temple

Reader POV

I was called to the wizard king's office weeks later, Yuno, the Silvas Nozel and Noelle, and my teammates escorting me.

"We found a trace of Remus and Melody Silva," Marx explained. "For reasons unknown, there is a beacon coming from a high-mana zone in the underwater vortex near the underwater temple."

"Kahono!" Noelle rushed to greet a pretty girl who hugged her in return. "What are you doing here?"

"We've come for you and (y/n)," she said gravely. "It's something regarding you two since you two have accessed a magic that is one step closer to the mermaid form."

Lord Julius gave me a smile and turned serious. "Kahono and Kaito wish for you two to investigate, seeing you've both got high-magic abilities with water and you come from Atlantis. But I'm afraid only one of you can go."

"(y/n) has to go," Noelle said quickly. "I'm helping Asta with his trial and I'll be going to the Heart kingdom."

"Good. Then it's settled-"

"Hold on, you can't just leave!" Yuno looked appalled. "What about the devil investigation? We said we'd help Asta."

"You can," I said to him as I placed my hand on his. "I need to go, Yuno. I need to find out what is going on."

He shook his head. "But what if you don't return?"

Lord Julius got everyone's attention with a cough. "We'll discuss the details later. Everyone else, please leave. Yuno, (y/n), stay."

Everyone saluted to him and left until only us three remained.

"I have to go," I said to Yuno. "Something inside me tells me I should."

He looked away. "There's too much I want to tell you. What if I never get the chance?"

Lord Julius looked at both of us, compassion in his eyes. "Then you may go with her."

"Sir?"

"I know you two have a lot to discuss," he said, shooting me a knowing smile. "So please go together. But I warn you, Yuno. One hand on my daughter aside from normal affection and I'll kick you out myself. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Sir!" Yuno looked slightly scared since my father was giving him a sadistic smile. It was even funnier considering Lord Julius was in a child's body.

"Now. You two will meet the pair at my office later tonight. They say the best time to go to the temple would be at night. Gifso, the high priest, will meet you on the beach." He took a few steps around his office. "Any questions? Good. You are dismissed."

Yuno and I saluted him and left, quickly realizing that we had to pack for the trip.

"Are you nervous?" He asked me as we walked back to our base.

"I am." I looked up at him. "But why did you want to come with me? Yuno, you have to train. The Spades-"

"They can wait," he said softly as he took my hand. "I can't loose you. I said it before. I have too much to tell you."

"Then tell me."

He nodded. "Very well. (y/n), you honestly annoy me. To the point where I want to bash my head against the wall. But a huge part of me also likes it. I kinda like seeing you smile. It may or may not make me blush."

"Uh-"

"You don't have to like me back, but I thought it would only be fair if I told you," he said. "But please allow me to love you. If not then I'll win you over. I can wait as long as possible."