[31] Monster

🚨Trauma, gaslighting, manipulation🚨

Reader POV

Sunlight hit my face, alongside something heavy. I didn't bother to wake up. Waking up meant that I acknowledged what happened yesterday. Waking up meant that I would be his wife and not the wife of Leopold Vermillion, someone I had come to hold affections for.

I heard Yuno grumbling and changing me, expressing his annoyance of the gown I was wearing that he didn't bother to change me out of. He managed to get me into a nighty, calling a servant to bring in breakfast as soon as I woke up. As soon as he was gone, I sat up in bed and hobbled to the door as only one of my legs were functioning only for someone to push me back with force.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, my queen." In came a servant. "His highness expressed you were not to leave until you've eaten something. You must get your strength back."

"And you suppose using magic to throw me back onto the floor is going to help me?"

He held his hand over my head and I felt him healing my wounds, including my broken leg. "I am King Yuno's personal servant. You may call me Charles Fantasia, eldest son of the Fantasia family. You are instructed to eat something and get ready for the day."

"Why does he care if I eat or not," I spat. "I'd sooner eat dog shit than trust anything he gives me. Any food he eats is probably laced with poison anyway."

"His Highness would not do that. He cares about you."

"Sure. Which is why I'm forced into this marriage."

"I am simply his servant. His personal vendettas do not matter to me. I am given orders and I follow them without question." He clasped his hands behind his back and another servant came in with a cart full of food. "Please let us know if there is any specific food you want."

"Rat poison and liquid death."

Charles gave me a frown and led the other servants out, locking the door after him.

God damn these earrings. Otherwise I'd be back home already!

Then it hit me. I wouldn't ever be able to go back, or at least the way I was used to. And I certainly couldn't trust my father. In fact, there was a letter waiting for me on the breakfast cart from my father. I didn't bother reading it, opting to instead burn it in the fire. The food met the same fate and I looked at the bed with disgust.

How something loved by thousands could turn into a place of torture and resentment was unfathomable, lest you understood what had sired last night.

Yuno came back hours later, the clock chiming 1pm. "I heard you did not eat your breakfast and rejected lunch as well." He sat down on the couch that faced the other way so thankfully I didn't have to look at his ugly face. "You cannot simply skip meals. You need strength."

I ignored him, not wanting to talk to someone who had the audacity to pretend they remotely cared about me after raping me.

"(y/n)," he sighed. "You only did this to yourself. Be grateful you get to live here. A cage is a cage, though you'd prefer the luxurious one. You are queen after all." He stood up and came to me, putting his hands on my shoulder, me not looking at him. He leaned in to give me a kiss on the neck, his hands moving to grope my breasts.

I immediately flinched, memories of his hands strangling me as I tried to fight against what he had done.

"Don't bother rejecting me, you owe me this. It's the least you could do after all you've done. If you let me do this, I'll heal up Leopold's eye."