[26] Falling Leaves

Reader POV

"(y/n)." I felt a gentle prodding. "Time to wake up, it's morning."

I opened my eyes rather slowly and saw Yuno lying next to me, his hair even messier. "Huh?"

"Come on, I have the day planned for us." He leaned over and hesitated before turning on the light on my side as the fall-winter time was once again. "Get up, lazy."

Was he about to kiss my forehead?!! Is he on crack or something? If I didn't know he was under that spell and only recovered a few years ago, I would've blushed like crazy. Now it's just...

I couldn't figure out what to make of it, only sighing.

I snuggled deeper in my bed, glaring at him. "No. I'm tired."

"Come on." He kept poking my face, a boyish grin on his face.

I eventually gave in and recalled last night and how we ate on top of my father's roof. He said his servants personally made the food for us, catering to the fact they used magic to keep it fresh for hours. "Yuno, why are you here? Don't you have duties? I mean, surely-"

"Hush. My mother is aware of the plan."

I eyed him skeptically but didn't comment. "Fine. But what about my duties? Mimosa might know how to do things, but does she know about the engagements?"

"I'm sure Klaus will tell her immediately."

Knowing Klaus' forgetfulness, probably not. I made a mental note to leave a message for Mimosa before we left. "Fine. Let me freshen up and write a note to Mimosa. I'll leave it on my desk."

Yuno stood outside the bedroom area, choosing to linger in the kitchen area as I changed into a casual outfit.

(I don't care if you don't like it, just change it, it won't bother me or the story)

Yuno's face was red as he looked me up and down and he excused himself so he could go change into something casual.

I gave him an approving nod and we left my chambers, taking a detour to my office so I could inform Mimosa of what was going on

Klaus was already giving orders to senior and nom-senior members, all saluting me and I saluted Klaus who gave me a nod and went back to explain their mission.