[3] Welcome Home

Reader POV

Caspian was eventually allowed back in my arms as the servants prepared me to look like the Spade Queen. "Mommy, where were you?"

I held him close to my body, glaring at everyone who tried to come near us. "I have been...somewhere else. All that matters is I'm here now. I need you to be brave, Caspian. We will be heading back to the castle where we live."

"I don't wanna go, I wanna go back home! Where's Dad?"

"Leopold Vermillion is back in his own kingdom," Yuno said with a bit of an edge. "And he is not your father, I am."

Caspain didn't understand completely but tried to, with a smile. "Oh! So then that means both of you love my mom and you're both my dads."

"Not exactly," Yuno said with a much gentler tone to the boy but sending me a glare. "Get dressed, you are the Spade Kingdom's crown prince and must dress the part."

He turned to me and picked up the crown of the Spade Kingdom's Queen, a sad smile on his face that I found hauntingly familiar. "For you, my Queen. You have returned to your place by my side as my queen and the mother of our child."

I allowed him to put on the object, wincing as I forgot how heavy it was with all the jewels. A fanfare announced our arrival to the ports, the cold wind greeting us with a ferocious smile. Citizens cheered and clapped as they saw all three of us. Caspian was overwhelmed by the noise and kept close to me, nervously looking around. Yuno guided us to the awaiting carriage that would take us to the castle. The same castle where I found out the truth behind why he wanted to marry me so long ago.

The full guard was awaiting us at the castle, me spotting my old maid Lana towards the back. It felt so uncomfortable to see them all again, especially after I had not seen them since the tournament. Caspian especially looked uncomfortable as everyone wanted to catch a glimpse of the future king.

"Announcing their Royal Highnesses King Yuno, Queen (y/n), and Crown Prince Caspian!"

I quickly walked with Yuno into the palace, but immediately Caspian was torn from my hands. "Hey-!"

"You will allow the royal nursemaids to continue his education," I heard Ciel's voice with a bit of a snide. "After all, he will be behind on the royal education. This could've been prevented if you had stayed put like a good wife."

I slowly turned my head to her, seeing a smug look on her face. "Ciel, it's been so long. Surely you haven't been gaining gray hairs in the five years I hadn't seen you? You need not worry."

Her smile fell and she looked to Yuno who was talking to someone in a low voice. "Insolent brat. No wonder your father never told you you were his. A noble and honest man such as him having you as his offspring. A shame you were blessed with magic yet someone more deserving could've received it."

"Both of you, stop." Yuno glared at me and looked at his mother with clear annoyance. "And Mother, she is my wife. I will deal with her accordingly. Shouldn't you be at the winter palace right now anyway?"

She looked at him with disdain. "I can do what I see fit. I shall go now." Ciel bowed only to him and left, leaving Yuno and I by ourselves.

Yuno began walking in the opposite direction but paused and turned his head slightly. "Are you going to stand there or will you follow?"

I silently followed him to the study, a fire already roaring in the hearth. He sat down in his usual chair and slumped down.

"I've waited so long to see you again, (y/n). You were supposed to be by my side until we died."

"I don't owe you anything."

Yuno shook his head. "I don't even know why I tried so hard. You understand you are legally bound to me, especially since we have a son? I know he is mine despite what you want to believe. You cannot go anywhere without my permission. I have instructed everyone in the palace and the neighboring towns that if they see you, they will bring you back or it will be considered treason against the crown. You cannot escape, (y/n). I'll never let you go again."

I opened my mouth to respond but could not form the words to do so. Instead, I slowly sat down by the bookcase, far away from him and the warmth. His gaze met mine multiple times as I attempted to read one of my favorite stories but I would quickly look away. He eventually got up and stole the book from my hands, looking at the cover.

"(name). You do realize you can't ignore me forever."  He kneeled in front of me. "Eventually  you'll come to terms that you aren't leaving."

I reached to grab my book and he used his magic to move it somewhere else. "Give it back."

"No." He drew near my face. "Only for a kiss."

"Why would you of all people want a kiss from me? Don't you hate me or some shit?"

Yuno shook his head. "I don't have to explain myself to you, woman. Just kiss me. I command it as your king and most importantly your husband."

I sat up and gave him the finger. "Here's a better idea: kiss my ass." I tried to get away from him but he pushed me right down.

"Watch that attitude. You forget that I have custody over our son and I can ensure as much or as little interaction with him as possible. Now I'll ask again: give me a kiss."

I scowled at him and kissed his jaw, wiping my mouth with disgust. "Happy?"

"Very." He handed the book back to me and we spent the rest of the afternoon reading until it was dinnertime.