[5] Truth

Double Update! Say hi in the comments :D 

WARNING (cuz yall can't read lmao): Spells will be the same as Noelle's. They are the same bloodline AND have the same magic, with a variance of course. Pace will also be quick because I want to get to the good stuff and not the boring stuff. Don't like it? Don't comment, drop the book. Don't ruin my day. I'm taking time out of my life to write this and I don't need some NPC commenting on the lack of 'originality'.

Leopold POV

"She's what?" I laughed. "No. If that were true, I would've been the first to know. She would've told me."

"No, she wouldn't. She herself doesn't know."

"Really. Then why do you of all people know?" I couldn't help but think he was telling the truth. He didn't have any reason to lie.

Yuno gave me a shrug. "I'm not sure. I was told by Captain Vangeance that the Wizard King wanted to see me, along with some other people. I'm unable to tell you who else. He revealed her lineage and why she was unable to go on missions."

"And why is that?" I snapped. "She's more than worthy!"

"We know," Yuno's voice was unusually soft. "Come, I can't speak here. I'm not even supposed to tell you, but there's no other choice."

I gave him the dirtiest stare. "You have no idea what you're doing, do you? Fine. I'll hear you out."

Yuno took us to a really secluded area in the forest and sat down on one of the rocks, inviting me to do so as well.

"(y/n). She's actually the daughter of the wizard king, as I told you. But she's actually Noelle's cousin through her mother's line. Everything you know about her is a lie to protect who she really is."

"Wait, so am I related to her?" I cringed hard, knowing I was related to the Vermillions Mimosa and Kirsch.

"No, gross." Yuno drew on some dirt. "Her father, Julius Novachrono, fell in love with Acier Silva's sister-in-law. Melody Silva. They got married in secret and had (y/n) fifteen years ago. Melody Silva went to the Spade Kingdom to avenge her sister-in-law's death."

"Why is it that you know this and I don't? What makes you so special?"

"I don't know," Yuno confessed. "I was only brought into the room because Captain Vangeance insisted."

"Ok. Say I believe you. That still doesn't explain why you've been so rude to her!"

"That's not my doing-"

"Bullshit!"

"I mean, that isn't my intention." Yuno sat back. "I admit it, she annoyed me at first. But then once I realized why Captain Vangeance refused to put her on missions, I understood. I can see she's a lot like you in the sense of duty."

"Why is that?"

"He's doing it out of love to protect her. It makes sense." Yuno looked at me. "If you could protect the one you love most, you would do anything to keep them out of harm's way, right? You couldn't bear to see them hurt."

I thought of when (y/n) was crying and shook my head. "I'd do anything to protect her. But are you saying the captain loves her?"

"As a brother-kind of way. I don't understand that part, but I understand why he and the wizard king don't want to put her in danger. She comes from powerful mages, which you know she doesn't like to publicly announce. She was born with too much magic inside her."

"But why are you being rude to her? That's still no excuse."

"I'm not saying it is. The wizard king told us that day that she would someday be faced with a choice and that having the kind of power she has at her disposal could either be the end or cultivation of humanity."