chapter twenty-six

Looking over to her, he knew something was off. He never saw it, but theres something on her that makes her look different to other people her age. Not her beauty, its something in her eyes that tells everyone, that pays attention to them that something is off with the girl. 

Pablo always gets more worried about the girl, the more time she spends avoiding his gaze and not answering his question. Her lower lip is between her lips and when she doesn't stop biting it and starts to talk, she probably will bite it bloody. 

"Bella", the soft voice of Pablo breaks the silence. Even if Spanish is a harsh language, it sounds so soft when it comes from Pablo. Not like Bellas voice. She also has a bit of a different accent than him, she rolls the r way more. The southern accent sounds way more beautiful to Bella

He places his hand on top of hers. Her gaze doesn't meet Pablos, but the touch of his hand calms her down. "You know you can trust me". She loosens her lower lip, leaving it covered in a thin layer of blood. 

Pablo notices this and brings his thumb up to her lip, but she flinches away. She often bites her lips when shes angry, sad or is stressed out. She does it not because she likes the way it hurts, she does it because she hates feeling those ways. 

Finally she turns her head over to him, seeing how shocked he is by her action. 

"Sorry", she says, looking in his eyes that had soften already. "No need to excuse yourself, baby". His hand is again on her, rubbing small circles into her soft skin. For both of them the silence is uncomfortable, but Pablo doesn't do anything against it and gives Bella her time. 

Thousand thoughts are in her head and every is about Pablo. She doesn't want him to know. Not because she doesn't trust him, she does and that a lot. Bella doesn't know much about him, hes not a talker, but from the things that he does "Can we please not do this now?". Her words are very fast, because if she spoke slower she's scared that she would begin to cry. 

They sit in silence. Pablos gaze is fixed on Bella, but she looks away, feeling even more under pressure from his eyes. From her heavy breathing her chest moves faster up and down. She needed to concentrate on something, because otherwise she would go crazy from the stress. 

She turns her head to see him still looking at her, his hair being a bit more messy then normal, his eyes scanning her and the same worried look on his face. She doesn't denie it. To her he looks like a god. The way his messy hair fits perfectly to his beautiful brown eyes. She loves his eyes, maybe even a bit too much. Sometimes when she looks at him for too long, she is scared she will get lost in them. 

She still takes him in with her glassy eyes, suddenly feeling the stinging of tears from behind her eyes. Stopping to think she bites her lip again, but stopping in the next second. A small fuck falls from her lips, feeling dumb for falling into Pablos eyes too hard once again. 

A very painful laugh leaves her lips as she looks at him again, a smile also being on his lips as he looks at the girl. Her smile slowly fades as she sees that his eyes fall down to her bloody lips. She can already taste the blood, but she ignores it. Theres silence again, until Pablo decides to break it. 

"You know", the cheesy smile comes back on his face. "I really can't tie my shoes".

It takes Bella a second to think back to their conversation as she asked him if it is true if he really can't tie his shoes. A smile appears on her wet, tear stained cheeks. She smiles at him, her lip still hurting, but a chuckle escapes her lips as she sees him blush.