chapter thirty-three

Sometimes when people look at each other, something in their eyes happens. Their eyes soften.

Flashback

"Maybe you shouldn't play so aggressive", Bella says as she places her hand on his bare shoulder looking down at the scratches scattered over his chest. Pablo tilts his head up at her voice, watching her as she softly disinfects his wounds. He ignores the stinging pain coming from them and focuses on Bella. He admires how she treats him so softly, her warm hand on his shoulder calming him down from all the anger in him. 

"Maybe those people shouldn't treat me like a child", he says as he tenses up. Her eyes meet his for a second, seeing the pain and anger in his eyes. Bella puts the pad down on the table, sitting very closly next to him and taking his hand into hers. "You know Pablo, it doesn't matter what those people say, when you don't listen to them". Her voice speaks ever so softly, trying to make him feel better. She knows how much he thinks about, what other players think about him and his performance. "Yeah, maybe Bee, but I can't ignore things like you can". His gaze leaves hers, looking down to their fingers, him inhaling deeply. 

"The problem is, that they say those things because they don't respect me. I wouldn't care if they didn't like me, but when they say something about how I play, I-". Her heart chlenches as she watches the boy she had slowly fallen for, try not to break down. She feels his fingers begin to shake as he wanted to keep talking, sighing heavily he looks down at their hands; as she swings a leg around his thighs. SHe brings his knuckles up to her lips, placing a chaste kiss on his lightly bruised joints. She lets go of his hand, as his palmy rest on her thighs, his thumb rubbing small circles into her skin. 

Bella throws her arms around his neck, pulling their bodys together as her face settles in his neck. He wraps his arms very tightly around her waist, breathing in her coconut scent. She places a small kiss on his bare shoulder, before she pulls away, placing her hands on his cheeks. "Pablo you know how much you mean to me, right?". She smiled lightly at him. 

Pablos lips tug into a small smile following hers. "Don't let them get in your head and when they do, you know that I'm here to listen to you". He looks up at her, watching how her big eyes look down at him. He always admired how she looked. Her big doe eyes, her dark red lips and her flushed cheeks when he talked to her. He never thought that he could ever like her more, but as she looks down at him, worrying and taking care about him, he knows thats its possible. 

"God, I love you so much". 

Flashback end

Bellas eyes soften as she looks at Pablo, both being angry at each other and themselves. "Pablo, we can't keep denying it". He looks over at her, watching as she gets nervous about what shes gonna say next. "W-We shouldn't keep doing this".  "What?", he asks, knowing exactly what she said, but not wanting to understand the consequences coming from her words. "So you want to end everything, just because you're unsure about how you feel?". His question sounds almost ironic to Bella, but theres so much truth in his words. He walks over to her, her eyes avoiding his but his gaze doesn't leave her.