chapter twenty-eight

When the two teenagers were finishing their morning on the beah, which Bella has to admit was awesome; Xavi had the great idea to invite some of his favourite teammates for dinner at one of the classiest beach restaurants of Barcelona. Of course he had to invite Pablo, the new youngster and one of the most wanted for transfer teams. 

You can take someone with you.

,he texted them. Bella considered going at first, but when she remembered that its good for Pablo and his career, she decided to go and make the best out of it. 

So, the two drive down the road along the ocean, the evening sun of Barcelona shining down on Bellas toned legs through the windshield, the air condition of the car cool on her exposed skin. She didn't really had a lot of time to choose a dress, she didn't want anybody at her house to see her and so she took the first one that came to her eyes. She took a light blue sun dress, the cotton material letting the wind blow of the early summer night drift against her body, a pair of high topp white converse paired with it. 

A light hand is placed on her mid thigh as Pablo restes his other hand on top the steering wheel. Something the two have done ever since they met. Pablo had choosen a pair of black jeans with a white shirt, leaving a few buttons opened, revealing the tiniest bit of his toned chest. 

"You okay?", Pablo questions once they pull up at a red light. He looks over to her and watches as the girl presses her lips in a thin line. "Yeah, I'm just curious if Robert will be here too". She plays with the hem of her dress, turning her head to him, placing her hand over the one that is on her thigh. "Do you want him to be there?".  Bella shakes her head. "No, but that doesn't mean he is not there". As her gaze settles on the hem of her dress once more, her fingers playing with it, the red light turns green and Pablo starts the car again.

A wave of silence washes over the car, the soft hum of the radio helping the thickness of the quiet atmosphere settle. She looks out of the window, as various beach hotels and buildings pass by, the occasional palm tree being planted in between them, the soft pink hues of the sunset painted over the sky. 

"We're here", Pablo says, as he pulls the keys out of the ignition, taking his hand off Bellas thigh moving it towards her hand and giving it a small press, taking Bellas attention. She turns her head over to him, knowing that he will say something that should make her feel better. But he doesn't, however he places his lips on top of hers, kissing them softly. Suprised by his action she hesitates a second, but then she kisses him bac. The kiss lasts only a few seconds, but these few seconds were enough for Bella to calm down and feel better. Bellas eyes meet the brown of his, giving her a soft smile he gets out of the car.

Bella sighs, as she opens her door and closes it again, walking around the front of the car, meeting the boy, her hand automatically lacing with his. The two walk up a few stairs, Bella being too distracted by watching the people passing them, to see Pedri waiting for the two at the entrance. Catching their attention, he smirks at the two and watches how they walk up to him. He could have sworn that he would bring her with him. Pedri himself came alone, so he  waited for the two, to not be the only one that comes alone. 

"Well don't you two look nice", Pedri speaks as they walk up to him, a smirk on his sharp features. Pablo chuckles lightly. "Well, you don't look as bad yourself". A loud tsk of his tongue. "I know", Pedri says, swinging his arm across her shoulders from behind. 

"Don't tell Pablo that I said this, but you do really look nice", Pedri says in a loud whisper, making Pablo roll his eyes. He drags the girl, with Pablo still holding Bellas hand, inside the restaurant.