chapter three: neveah meets gravity

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Our town, by Thornton Wilder." Cory lectures in front of the class, holding up the book. "My favorite play."

"You can't teach English." Farkle interrupts in a disbelief expression.

Cory smiles at the boy and walks over. "It's all about the history-"

"There you go." Lucas points with a smile, Jake looks up from his sketchbook and shakes his head at his boyfriend.

"-of people just like you and me, mostly about not taking what we have for granted, and a girl who gets a chance to

take one look at the life she left behind." Cory finishes.

Neveah, Maya, and Riley enters the class and sneaks back over to their seats while Cory continues. "'Just for a moment now we're all together. Just for a moment we're happy. Let's really look at one another.'" The three girls turned to each other then back at Cory.

He looks up from the book with a smirk and eyes the three.

"Hello, girls. You're back?" He raises a brow and glances at Neveah who grins, glad to be back.

"Yessss." Maya sheepishly smiles.

"As bad as this is-" Riley starts.

"-everything else is worse." Maya finishes.

Neveah scoffs and leans back into her chair. "I didn't want to leave in the first place." Lucas, Jake, Farkle, and Eva laughs at the girl's words.

Cory shook his head at her but held a smile on his face.

"Well, welcome back, ladies. You're just in time for today's lesson."

"Did we miss anything?" Riley eagerly asks, Neveah also was eager as she wanted to learn from her God-father.

Cory waves his daughters off. "Nah, we're just putting everything back in place. The real lesson begins right now." He walks to the board with a snap of his fingers.

"Face it, we are never going to escape him." Neveah walks behind Riley and Maya as they entered Svorski's bakery.

"He's everywhere." Maya nods her head with frustration, "How are we going to be kings of anything if everywhere we go?" Neveah sighs and looks behind them to see Topanga walking with her head glued to the papers in her hands.

"We might run into my- mom?" Riley asks once she turns around. "What are you doing here?"

"Is my-krainian bakery." Topanga smiles at the girls, Neveah tilted her head at the familiar joke, Svorski tells her and Auggie.

Auggie looks up at his mother with a frown, "Still not funny."

"Auggie!" Neveah opens her arms for the boy, Auggie smiles and hops out of his chair to hug her.