chapter seven: neveah meets the secret of life

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Y'know what I like?" Riley says to the three girls as she shuts her locker. "Life. And I like it when it doesn't change. We should sing our happy song."

Neveah furrows her brows, "Since when did we have a happy song?"

"We don't have a happy song." Maya says in a singing tone.

"We should have a happy song." Riley sings back and laces her fingers with the blonde, Neveah and Eva smiles at the two girls.

"We will never have a happy song." Maya couldn't help but deadpan causing Riley to pout.

"Not with that attitude."

The bell rings and the three girls enter, Cory's classroom.

"So, Riles you were talking about change?" Neveah continues the earlier conversation as they walk to their seats.

"Yes. I don't like change." Riley nods her head.

"But you and Maya are talking now." Eva points out, sticking Riley in her spot.

Riley hums with a smile, "But it's not change. We're just adding on a title that's more than friends. No, see, change fills my pockets with pennies of uncertainty."

Maya shakes her head at the girl she likes while Neveah and Eva gives her a concerned look as Cory starts his class.

"All right. So, should we actually learn about what happened in Belgium in 1831?" Cory smiles at the shaggy-haired boy who immediately frowns.

"No!" Neveah looks at her boyfriend in confusion along with Cory.

"No?" "Why bubs?" They both ask.

"I always get my hopes up and then something happens to hurt my little Farkle heart." Farkle pouts before narrowing his eyes at Cory. "Well, this time I refuse to believe."