chapter five: neveah meets the new world

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

The weekend was over and incomes the new week.

Neveah and Eva's sleepover turned into comforting Jake when she walked into his room to surprise him with Eva and ends up seeing her brother cuddling his stuffed animal crying.

Carmen was already in bed so she didn't really hear anything but the next morning she felt the atmosphere within her kids and their friend's body movements and faces the next morning and asked if anything was okay.

Of course, Jake lied not ready to tell or worry her and Carmen reluctantly let it slide.

Eva and Jake left to school early as their dance coach needed Jake for something and Eva volunteered to tag along with him while Neveah went to gather Riley and Maya.

When Neveah made it to Riley's house she felt the awkward tension between the two who was sitting by the bay window.

Now, the three sat in silence waiting for one to speak up, Neveah kept looking between the two girls who would occasionally sneak glances before looking away.

Finally having enough, Neveah snaps. "What the fuck happened over the weekend?" Riley and Maya jumps slightly from the silence being broken before Maya sighs and turns to Riley.

"How long are we avoiding this?"

"Avoiding what?" Neveah asks but she had a hunch.

Maya bites her lip and glances at Neveah. "Riley and I kissed and now she's avoiding it."

Neveah's eyes widens but she wasn't shocked from the words but more at the fact that Maya finally had the balls to do it. "Huh."

"I'm not avoiding anything. Just life moving on beyond that thing happened between us. I know what it was, you know what it was. Maya, other things are happening. Life got over it. Why can't you?" Riley gives Maya a pleading look.