chapter nine: neveah meets pluto

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Neveah kisses Mochi's head after Jake. "Bye, my baby. We'll see you after school, okay?" The dog whimpers and rubs himself against her leg causing her to pout. "Awe, I wish we could take you but you're not aloud at school."

Carmen sighs, "Alright, Mochi. You gotta let them go, come spend some time with me." She picks up the dog and looks at her kids. "Okay, you two, get to school before you're late. Your dad should be here when you're back."

The siblings smile from that information, "Okay. I love you!" They said as they walk out of the apartment.

"I love you too!"

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Somebody read that." Cory points to the board.

"'History will be kind to me for I intend to write it' Winston Churchill." Lucas reads.

"And he did. Who's gonna write their own history here? What is history? I keep forgetting."

"History is time passing." Riley says.

"Oh yeah? How much time? Someone once said, "100 years from now, all new people.'"

Maya raises her hand, "100 years!"

"Wrong." Cory tells her, Maya frowns.

"You set me up." Neveah shakes her head with a smile.

"When should you guys begin to make your own history?" Cory asks and looks at Neveah.

"Right now."

Cory smiles. "Good. So, today we're talking about Winston Churchill. When the new people come how do you want them talking about you?"

"Nicely." Riley speaks up with a puppy eyes, Maya's face softens for a second.

"How long do we have before history makes its decision about us?" Maya asks.