chapter nineteen: neveah meets the new teacher

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Do you think it's going okay in there?" Riley asks Neveah as her, Neveah, and Maya walk to Cory's classroom.

"I mean they were smiling and laughing last night. It should." Maya shrugs her shoulders but was still worried for her two favorite teachers -though she'll never admit that out loud.

The three girls slowly passes by Cory's room, Neveah smiles when she realized who was sitting on the desk beside Principal Yancy. "Yeah, I think it's going very well in there." Riley and her share a look as Riley loops arms with the two girls.

"Come on. Let's head to Harper's classroom before she gets there." Neveah tells the two as they walk away.

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Neveah kept glancing back at her uncle while Harper talks in front of the class.

"We have some special guests in our classroom. Please behave as you normally would." Harper tells them.

Neveah and Riley jumps from their seats and walk to Turner.

"Hi." Yancy glances Turner as Neveah hugs him.

"Hi." Turner says.

"We love Harper." Riley tells him, Turner tilts his head with an amused smile.

"Do you understand Uncle Jon?" Neveah looks up at him, Yancy's eyes widen causing her to smirk.

"Real uncle? Or you just call him that?" Yancy nervously asks.

"He was like a father figure to my da-"

"I withdraw my complaint." Yancy cuts her off, Riley and Neveah smirk at each other and went to sit back down in their seats.

Turner looks over at Harper, "You got them calling you by your first name?"

Harper nods her head and turns to the students, "Yes, I wanted them to put together the mockingbird thing. To see how much I care about what I would be teaching."