chapter four: neveah meets the new world

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

It was the next day, Friday morning to be exact. Jake groans when his alarm went off on his phone, turning over with his eyes closed he grabs the phone and squints from the brightness and stops the alarm.

He yawns and stretches his limbs as his entire body was stiff from sleeping in the same position. After, he checks his phone again to see if Lucas called him like usual.

He did. 

My idiot <3
Hey - delivered 10:53 pm.
I know you're prob asl but I just want you to know that I need to talk to you tmr prob after my baseball practice since we might be busy during school and won't have time -delivered 10:54 pm.
Good morning, babe <3
am I still picking you up tdy? -delivered 5:58 am.

Jake's face scrunches up from the second text message that he sent last night. His heart starts to race as he began thinking of every possible things that happened between them. Then realizes that the text could be about the Riley situation which didn't settle his nerves.

"Maybe it won't be bad. He'll hopefully tell me that he's gonna finally talk to Riley." Jake mutters and opens his phone to respond.

My dancer <3
good morning <3 -delivered 6:35 am.
okay that's fine we can talk later -delivered 6:35 am.
also yes pls I don't want to be a third wheel with veah and farkle -delivered 6:36 am.

After sending the text he rolls out of bed and heads to the bathroom to do his morning routine. Once finished he walks back into the room to see Lucas' response.

My Idiot <3
Okay :) -delivered 6:57 am.

Jake sighs, grabbing his clothes and slipping off his pajamas to slip on his outfit for today.

When he was tying his shoes, a knock was on his door. He turns his head to see Neveah peeping her head through the crack of the door.

"Morningggg. Can I come in?" She asks, Jake nods his head. "Did you sleep okay?"

Jake shrugs his shoulders, "Could've been better..." He trails off and sighs, biting his bottom lip. "Lucas texted me last night saying he wanted to talk...I think it's about Riley." He hands her his phone and she unlocks it to read the messages.

"Finally, you both need to have a conversation about where he stands in the relationship and vice versa." Neveah says after reading them. "Also, you were not going to be a third wheel between Farkle and I. Lukey was gonna come no matter if you said yay or nay." She playfully rolls her eyes at her brother who shrugs his shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah. Is mom cooking breakfast?" Jake asks, he heard the first part and knew that it was true, but he didn't want to stay on the topic any longer till he and Lucas talk later on.