chapter thirteen: neveah meets squirrels

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Neveah opens the door with Jake, a frown still on her face from earlier.

"Mom, dad! We're home!" Jake calls as they walk deeper into the house.

Carmen walks out of the kitchen with Shawn's arms glued around her. "Hey, my babies- Shawn get off me."

Carmen giggles and playfully pushes him off causing him to pout. "You'll be fine. Come here babies," She opens her arms for them to hug her, the two wraps their arms around her.

"How was school? What's with the gloomy face?" Shawn asks as he hugs them when they let go of Carmen.

"Riley and Maya are still fighting?" Carmen looks at her daughter.

Jake nods his head, "Yeah. Neveah also got into the crossfire and is now upset with Riley."

"I don't even know why she got mad at me!" Neveah throws her hands up with frustration, "All I said was that Maya had a point -which she did- and then Riley came after me and said that I was 'defending' her. Like- what?" Neveah makes a face, Carmen lightly laughs as she looks at her replica of her younger self.

Shawn purses his lips as he watches his kids walk to the couch and sit down. "Is this your first fight?"

Neveah shakes her head, "No...but it wasn't as big as this one."

Shawn and Carmen glance at each other. Carmen gives him a small smile and nods toward their kids.

Shawn walks over and sits in the solo sofa, "Okay, did Cory tell the time that our friend group almost ended in college?" He motions for Carmen to come and sit on his lap, she walks over and sat down as he wraps his arms on her while she got comfortable.

Neveah plays with the pillow on her lap. "I mean, he told us about it but he never went into detail..."

Shawn nods his head, "When we were in college we had this...prank war. It was girls against boys- well girls including your uncle Jack and occasionally Eric who wasn't on either teams." He rolls his eyes at the memory, Carmen giggles but stayed quiet as she listened to the story before she got close to them. "But anyways, at first, the wars were innocent in fun, yeah. Until it wasn't." The kids look at him.

"Cory and I did something stupid and it was on our part. We put our friend's embarrassing picture in our student union where everyone can see...a big arguement broke out. We said some things towards those friends and even Topanga. It was one of our biggest fights. It lasted for days." He looks at the kids, "We were all to stubborn and in our feelings to solve it ourselves. Even Mr. Feeny could get us to talk with each other and he forced us to sit in the classroom and talk it out."

"Then how did you fix it?" Jake asks him.

Shawn lightly chuckles, he plays with the promise ring on Carmen's finger. "Surprisingly Eric."