chapter twenty-six: neveah meets farkle

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

It was after school. Neveah couldn't help but be a little anxious about the testing Farkle did earlier. She was a little worried about him not seeing him in the other periods they shared and he didn't text her to meet in the front of the school to leave.

Instead he said that he would meet her and the group at the Matthews' apartment. She told her parents and asked them to come with her and Jake a few minutes ago.

Now the friends and family sit around Topanga's and Cory's apartment. Jake and Lucas sat on the steps by the windows, Carmen and Shawn were standing behind the three girls that were on the couch while Cory and Topanga stand on the side of Neveah and Jennifer and Stuart sit across from them.

Waiting for Farkle to explain to them on what happened.

"So, they did more testing on me." Farkle starts.

"How big a genius are you?" Riley says, trying to lighten the suspension.

"Riley, they're considering some behavioral traits in Farkle that warrant a more specific kind of testing." Cory tells the brunette who scoffs out a laugh.

"What? They just noticed Farkle's a little farkly?" She nudges Maya and Neveah.

"I could've told them that." Maya throws her arms up.

"They want to see if I have autism..." Farkle glances at Neveah, kind of scared since her face is unreadable, holding neutrality.

Maya and Riley looks at him stunned. "You don't." Neveah snaps her head at her.

"Maya."

"Let's go tell them you don't." Riley stands up as she and Maya make their way towards Farkle.

"Riley-" Neveah moves them a little away from Farkle and stands slightly in front of him. His and her parents smile at her protectiveness.

"I might have a type of autism called Asperger's Syndrome." Farkle continues, looking at all of his friends.

"You don't." Maya states again, annoyance start to fill in Neveah.

"Maya, stop talking." Neveah warns, getting protective over Farkle.

"What is it?" Lucas asks a little confused, him and Jake walk over to their friends.

"It's a disorder that affects a person's behavior." Farkle explains to them.

Riley lightly laughs, "Farkle, when I said that you were a little farkly, what I meant was-"

"Yeah, that you behave just like a perfectly normal Farkle." Lucas finishes her thought, Jake kind of nudges him when he sees his sister's face.