chapter ten: neveah meets pluto

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Road trip!" Cory announces as he, Shawn, Topanga, and Carmen enters the bakery.

"Dad!" Neveah and Jake hops up from their seats and ran to the man who opened his arms.

"Hey, kiddos." Shawn pecks both of their foreheads and pulls away to wrap his arm around Carmen's waist.

Topanga opens her hands with a bright smile, "Who wants to go to the road trip instead of me?"

"I'll go. I'll do anything with anybody." Farkle casually says, Neveah perches her brow up.

"Oh, really?" She asks her boyfriend, Farkle sheepishly smiles. Neveah shakes her head and walks behind his seat and places her hands on his shoulders.

"No deal. There's not enough room in the car for you and all your words," Cory tells the boy, Farkle deflates into the chair and Neveah gives him a back hug to cheer him up.

Cory looks at the box on the coffee table and tilts his head, "What's this here?"

"This is what we're putting in our time capsule," Lucas says.

"Oh..." Cory looks inside the box with a disappointed frown on his face, "Nope. Not good enough." He motions to Riley's, Lucas', and Farkle's items.

"These things are important to us," Riley defends and pouts at her father.

"Why are there only six of them?" Carmen asks when she looks inside.

"I'm not playing." Maya shrugs, Cory narrows his eyes at the blonde.

"Oh, you're playing!"

"Nice shovel shirt." Maya distracts him.

"They got plenty left," Cory boastfully speaks as he admires his sweater shirt.

Maya shakes her head at the man, "I don't see how."

Shawn laughs at the girl as Carmen leans into his side. "Carmen, Shawn." Katy greets the two.

Carmen turns her head towards the counter, "Katy." They greet and walk over to her. "How've you been?"

Katy smiles as she folds the rag that was in her hand, "I've been good. Shawn, how's the writing?"

Shawn exhales and laces his hands with Carmen, "Well, I was doing a story in Philadelphia for a little but had to rush back home early because my friend called me saying that it was an emergency but it was just so we could go back to Philadelphia." He fakes a smile and sends a glare over Cory's way who was sheepishly smiling, Carmen shakes her head. Shawn turns back to Katy with a gentle smile. "How's the acting?"

"I was playing a waitress at the nighthawk diner and now I'm playing a waitress here." Katy nods her head.

"It's your real life." Maya deadpans.