chapter eleven: neveah meets pluto

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

It was the next day, and the kids were sitting in the bakery.

After last night, the four kids spent time in Riley's room while the adults talked about who knows. Later on, Neveah and Jake went back home with their parents to get ready for school while Shawn talked to Carmen in their leaving room.

Carmen got to know the full story about Shawn's relationship with Angela and it made her finally realize why he didn't want to talk about it. It did made her a little insecure about their relationship but Shawn reassured her that he hasn't thought about Angela in years and that she was the only woman he wants to be with for the rest of his life.

Neveah sat in between Farkle and Eva as they stare at the box in front of them.

Lucas rubs his hands as he leans forward to grab the box, "Okay, I'll go first." He opens the box.

"You putting in your sheep nickel, Billy Bob?" Maya smirks.

Lucas shakes his head with a smile, "No, I changed my mind about that, I'm not putting a reminder of when I gave up on a dream." He holds up his transfer slip from last year.

"Your transfer slip." Jake softly smiles, Lucas looks at him mirroring it.

"I'd rather be reminded of when something good started." He puts it in the box before leaning back to pull Jake against him.

"Me next." Farkle speaks up.

"Your science fair trophy?" Riley asks with a raised brow. Farkle shakes his head, "Wasn't important enough for this." He leans over and grabs his orange turtleneck.

"Your favorite orange turtleneck." Riley says.

"It was the one I took off when I felt like I was nothing, but you guys wouldn't let me be nothing since it's us that's gonna be together when we open this," Neveah and Farkle share a smile. "I can't wait to see the something that I am." He places it in the box.

Eva looks over at Riley who was holding the small, orange ball. "Riley, Pluto?"

Riley shoots her a smile, "Yeah, still Pluto." She lifts it higher to examine it. "Whenever we open this, I hope I haven't stopped believing in things." She softly states and places it in the box.

Everyone turns to look at Maya. The blond rolls her eyes with a sigh before smiling.

"Okay, I'll play." The group giggles. Maya looks at Riley and her friends. "But you guys have to leave. Your parents and Shawn didn't tell each other what they were putting in and that's the way I want to do it. I'm hoping we'll all be surprised." Maya softly trails off.

Lucas grabs Jake's hands as he, Farkle and Eva exits the bakery. Riley and Neveah were about to leave when they stopped and turned back to Maya.

"Hey, whatever it is, we hope it works out the way you want it." Riley tells her as Neveah nods her head in agreement with a soft smile.