chapter thirty-seven: neveah meets belief

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

A few days passes after the forgiveness assignment. Neveah spent the whole weekend at Farkle's house, after asking for permission of course, and had a tv marathon, rewatching Teen Wolf with Farkle who had no complaints.

He knew his girlfriend was trying to distract herself about the truth of her biological father and he, being the understanding boyfriend he is, wanted to help take her mind off the topic.

Neveah was grateful. She just wanted to put it past her now, the only thing on her mind is the future and words from her Godfather. Eventually forgiving herself.

Once the weekend was over, Neveah checked up on Eva who was absent the last two days before the assignment was due.

She apologized to her a bunch of times for not being there for her, knowing that she was still hurting from Zay.

Eva wasn't upset at her at all, she even dismissed the girl's apologies saying that there was nothing to apologize for. Which there wasn't. Eva took the time being back in France to numb all feelings for the Texan boy. Even though it was temporary, it seemed to work and suppress whatever she felt like a distant memory.

Though Eva knows that it'll take more to try to ignore her feelings for Zay, she's pretty sure she's capable enough now to be in the room with him and their friends without making it awkward.

And that was good enough for her.

Now, it's back to the present. Neveah walks down the stairs of their school next to Eva while her two best friends talk in front of them.

"You know why it's a great day?" Riley asks the three with her signature, wide smile.

Neveah yawns, still feeling a bit tired from staying up so late. Farkle had called her just when she was about to go to sleep. He wanted to rant about this new science discovery he found out on a book he just finished and couldn't wait to share it with her. She of course agreed, she could never say no to him even if she was tired from practice.