chapter thirty: neveah meets rah rah

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Neveah pats Maya's shoulder as she gives Riley one more smile, eyeing the cheerleading outfit on her that replicates hers, and makes her way to the kitchen.

"Were you able to talk her out of it?" Was the first thing Cory asks the curly head girl who laughs, walking over to Auggie to give him a hug.

"It's your daughter we're talking about." Neveah says, causing the two adults groan then quickly snap their heads to Maya who enters.

"Were you able to talk her out of it?" Cory asks his last hope, Neveah sits down and takes a sip of orange juice then a bite of the toast.

"No." Maya bluntly states and sits down next to Neveah.

"Then what good are you, lady?" Auggie narrows his eyes at the blonde, Neveah giggles at his cuteness.

Maya cheekily smiles, "I'm no good." She happily says and digs into her food.

"Papa C, Godie, I promise I'm going to look after Riles when she tries out." Neveah assures her but the two still weren't convinced even though they trust her word.

"Cheerleading tryouts today!" Riley appears in the cheerleading outfit and pom poms, nearly stumbles down the steps. "I have better control of my body now, and when my brain tells my arms and legs what to do, they try real hard now. This is gonna be my year, guys. I'm finally gonna be on the team with Veah and Jake." Neveah smiles at the brunette and lifts her glass of orange juice as a toast to that before sipping.

Riley walks over to the couch and gets on it. "Give me a Q! Give me a U! Give me an I-N-C-YYY!" The girl falls backwards and off the couch.

Neveah sighs, "This is going to be another interesting tryout."

"Yep." Cory says.

The family sighs and digs into their food while Riley groans in pain on the floor.