Chapter 30

I never would've thought I would be in this situation. I'm heartbroken.

Our boys are suffering, yet Jon doesn't give a damn. My mother had endless questions about the fight since I had a hand print on my right cheek.

Daddy was livid. He wanted to get his shotgun and find Jon.

If I weren't in shock, I would do it myself. I wouldn't kill him, I would simply scare the living shit out of him.

"Princess, you wanna go for a walk?" I nodded at my dad before following him out of the family room.

He picked up the leash for Winston and attached it to his collar before walking outside.

I wrapped my arms around his left arm and started walking with him.

"How's Lady doing?" He smiled softly down at me and nodded towards the horse stables.

"She's okay, baby. Lady's been a bit lonely since Max died. It's sad seeing her that way." I looked up at him and slightly pouted before resting my head on his arm.

"I can't believe he did this to you. I consider Jon a son. We need to have a sit down." I nodded and stayed silent as we made our way back to the house.

"I'm gonna go to the gym, dad. I won't be out too long." He nodded and took the leash off of Winston, letting him run out of the room.

I glanced at my sons on the couch, with my mother, and smiled before blowing a kiss at Maddox.

"There's someone waiting for you upstairs, sweetheart. You'll thank me later." I smiled and furrowed my eyebrows before going upstairs.

I approached my door and opened it with a confused expression.

"Chris? What are you doing here?" I smiled and approached the man who changed my life.

The Chris Hero, ladies and gentlemen.

"I wanted to see you. I heard about the showdown and I just needed to see how you were doing." He placed his hands on my face and slowly licked his lips.

I felt tears form in my eyes as he continued to stare at me.

"He hit me, Chris." He nodded slightly and softly caressed my sore cheek.

"I'm so sorry, Jo. Look, why don't we go somewhere and talk? I miss you." I nodded and he kissed my forehead as the tears started falling.

"He promised me he'd never put his hands on me. He slapped me." I still couldn't believe it. There have been times where we would argue and it would get intense, but he never hit me.

"You want me to talk to him? Jolie, you can't let him get away with this." I looked up at him and shook my head.

"I can handle this. I appreciate you, Chris. You don't know how much this means to me. You didn't have to come here."

"I wanted to. You mean the world to me. You know that." I smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"I was gonna go to the gym, but I need to talk to Jon before my brothers and dad get to him." He nodded and grabbed my hand before I left the room.

"I love you, Jolie." I winked at him and led him downstairs to my parents.

My dad smiled and made his way over to Chris for a handshake as I grabbed my keys.

"It's good to see you, Chris." Chris smiled and nodded before wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"I had to come see her. I still can't believe he put his hands on her." My daddy took a deep breath and looked down before shaking his head.

"Daddy, I'm gonna go out for a bit. I'll be back." He kissed my forehead and handed Maddox to me.

I kissed his cheeks repeatedly, earning a squeal from him. "Mommy will be right back, baby. I love you."

He kissed me and I let him down before walking towards the door. Chris opened it for me and escorted me to his car.

"Chris, you don't have to do this. I can go over there by myself." He stared at me and sighed before letting go of my hand.

"Okay, Jo. Just call me if you need me. I'll be over there in a heartbeat." I nodded before walking over to my car.

"Thank you, Chris. I really appreciate you." He winked and waved before getting into his car.

I exhaled sharply and opened the car door, trying to hype myself up for this talk with Jon.

Just as I started the car, he called me.

"Hey. Jon."

"Can we talk? Like, today?"

"Yeah, sure. I'm on my way."

He hung up and I locked my phone before pulling out of the driveway.

The drive over to my house felt longer than usual. I was giving myself a mental pep talk the entire way there.

As I parked in the driveway, I saw him standing near his car. I got out and approached him with a soft smile.

He had a black eye from our fight and I immediately felt bad.

"Hey, Jo. Before we have this sit-down, I want to tell you how sorry I am." I nodded and he opened the passenger door for me before getting in the driver's seat.

We sat in silence and the tension was thick. I cleared my throat and grabbed his right hand. "I think we need to spend some time apart. I'm not saying we're getting a divorce or filing for separation. Marriage counseling is gonna happen, though."

He nodded and squeezed my hand before looking at me.

"If it makes you happy, I'll do it. I don't want you to leave me, Jolie. I can't live without you." He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed them before closing his eyes.

"I love you, Jon. We're soulmates, for sure. Our boys are our world and I know you want the best for them. When we're home, I want us to be together. The boys deserve it, because they're perfect. They don't need to know that mommy and daddy are fighting."

He looked at me again and nodded before leaning over to give me one sweet kiss.

"I love you, Jo. It's gonna work out." He kissed me again and got out, walking to my side to help me out.

We walked to my car in silence and I fought back the tears as he opened the door for me.

"I'll call you. I want to see the boys this weekend." I nodded and let him hug me, allowing him to kiss my forehead.

"I'll see you later, Jon." I got in and started my car as he walked back to our home.

-

Forgive me for not focusing on this book. I hope you still love me. ❤