Chapter 28

I watched Joe walk off and jumped once I felt a hand touch my shoulder. "It's just me." I turned around and hugged Rami immediately. "I can't do this anymore. I can't fight this battle anymore." I looked up at him and shook my head while crying. "Let's go, Jo. I'll go to Tampa with you." I sniffled and nodded before leaning up to kiss his cheek. "Thank you, Rami. I'm gonna go get my bag and then we can go."

He nodded and I walked into the Diva's locker room quickly. "Jo! Are you okay?" I was swarmed by the girls and nodded before grabbing my suitcase. "I'm fine, guys. I promise. I just have a little headache." I walked out and Rami took my wardrobe for me. "I know you know about Jon. I'm sorry." I laughed and shrugged. "Renee's pregnant." He looked down at me and shook his head.

"I don't care. He can marry her, fuck her, or live with her. I give up." I walked to the car and and got in, feeling all eyes on me. I looked up and saw everybody staring sadly. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, so I wiped it quickly before smiling at my worried co-workers. Rami got in and quickly turned on the car, pulling out of the parking lot without a word. "Hey, you have me now and you have your awesome sons. Cheer up." I looked over at him and smiled softly before adjusting the seat. "I just want to see my babies. I miss them so much." He nodded and kissed my hand before I grabbed my blanket from the back seat.

~

"Jolie, we're in Tampa." I smiled and carefully ran my hand through my hair. He sighed and placed his right hand on my thigh. "I'm kinda hungry. I'll drop you off and go get some food and then I'll come back." I nodded and smiled before glancing out the window. "It's so beautiful out here at night. Where exactly are we?" He tapped on the steering wheel and let out a puff of air. "We're about twenty minutes away from the your house."

I sighed and closed my eyes again. "Are you okay?" I looked down at my wedding rings and nodded. "Just worried about Maddox and Moxley. I don't want to go through a divorce, but I want to be with you." I looked up at him and he smiled gently. "Nothing and no one can stop me from being with you." I leaned up to kiss him and stared at him once he looked at road again. "Are you gonna talk to your parents about this?" I sighed and shrugged before playing with his free hand. "Yeah. I'm kinda scared, though. I don't know how my dad is gonna react and my mom loves Jon." He squeezed my hand and brought it to his lips for a kiss. "Everything's gonna be okay. I just know it."

I knew he was right, but I just don't want my boys to grow up without their dad. That was his vow to me and our family. He would never leave us.

-

"Mom?" I walked into the living room and smiled at her. "Hey, sweetheart. Where's Jon?" I sat next to her and sighed. "We're taking a break. A lot has been going on."

She nodded and rubbed my shoulder. "It's gonna be okay, baby. If it's truly meant to be, he'll come back to you. He loves you more than anything. You know that." I wiped a tear from my cheek and nodded slowly. "I love him. It hurts knowing what he did to me and our children." She furrowed her eyebrows and turned to face me. "What did he do?" I mentally cursed myself for mentioning that. She's never gonna give up. "I'd rather sit down with you and daddy. This is something I don't want to repeat." She nodded and gave me a comforting hug. "I love you, baby girl." I smiled and hugged her tighter. "I love you too, momma. Where are my boys?" She pulled away and laughed. "They're sleep. They were good for grandma." I stood up and walked upstairs quickly, making my mom laugh.

I peeped in Maddox's room first and smiled at my sleeping baby. "I love you, Maddox." I bent down to kiss his forehead and quietly left his room. "He's so precious, isn't he?" I sighed contently and nodded before looked in Moxley's room. "How's daddy doing?" We walked to my room and sat on the bed together. "He's doing better. He still scared me, but I'm glad he's okay." I took off my shoes and sat against the headboard. "How are we gonna do this? Are we gonna get a divorce? Are we gonna live separately?" We sat in silence for a few seconds and then I heard the sweetest voice.. "Mommy?" I opened my arms and Maddox jumped on the bed to greet me.

"I missed you, mommy!" I laughed into his hair and rubbed his back. "I love you, baby." He pulled back to look at me and kissed my nose before giggling. "I love you, mommy. Where's daddy?" I sighed and ran my hand through his hair. "He's gone, baby. He'll be back soon, okay?" He nodded and rested his head on my chest. "I'll leave you two alone, okay?" I nodded and she walked out the room, closing the door behind her. "Are you sleepy, baby?"

"Yes, mommy." I laid him on Jon's side of the bed and pulled the blanket up to his chest. "I'll be right back, sweetheart." I got out of bed carefully and walked into Moxley's room to check on him again. As soon as I got near his crib, I heard a little yawn. "Hey, my sweet baby." I picked him up and kissed his cheek before walking back to my room. I laid Moxley close to Maddox and played with his hair. "Hey, I'm back." I smiled at Rami and he leaned down to kiss me. "How are they?" He sat at the edge of my bed and took off his shoes. "Good. They're gonna be excited to see you." Maddox stirred in his sleep and faced us. He gasped and crawled over to Rami, giving him a big hug. "Hey, buddy!" Maddox giggled and looked back at me, making me smile bigger than before. "Go back to sleep, baby. Rami will be here when you wake up, okay?" He nodded and laid back down. "Come up here." Rami smiled and moved closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my chest. "Your hair smells amazing, Ram." He laughed and squeezed my tighter. "Thanks, baby."

After a few minutes of silence, he looked up at me and smiled. "I love you." I laughed and ran my hand through his short hair. "I love you too." He kissed me and stared into my eyes lovingly. "We should move into together. What do you think?" I nodded and smiled before kissing him again. "I'm ready to start over."