Chapter 32

"This is stupid."

I rolled my eyes at Jon as he impatiently waited for the fish in the water to get the bait. He was getting restless after sitting in the boat for almost an hour.

"Jon, we've done this countless times. Just be patient." I leaned over to kiss his cheek before resting my head on his shoulder. He rested his on mine with a heavy sigh.

"I missed you and our personal time. I love you so fucking much, babe." I bit my bottom lip with a smile on my face, hoping it would stay like this between us.

It's been a few months since everything happened. We've been repairing our relationship and it's been wonderful. We're finally back on the same page and even considering having another child.

"I love you too, Jon. These last few months have been a fucking roller coaster of different emotions, but here we are. I have you back by my side at last." I closed my eyes as I thought about all of the shit we put each other through and laughed to myself.

"What the hell are you laughing at?" We looked at each other and the happy look in his eyes that made my freaking heart flutter. I love this man so much.

"Jon, I just can't believe we went through that. We almost got a damn divorce. We almost threw away seven and a half years of a beautiful thing." He shook his head before biting his lip, making me want to screw him right in this boat.

"I love you and our boys, Jon. I don't want us to lose what we have here. I won't give up on you." Not giving him a chance to reply, I kissed him hard and passionately. I couldn't help but to get emotional.

Sensing my sadness, he pulled back to touch my face. His eyebrows were furrowed as he wiped my tears away.

"Why are you crying, babe? What's the matter?" I shook my head and looked at the water, hoping these feelings would go away.

"We're not going anywhere until you tell me what's wrong. I mean it." I rolled my eyes playfully before sighing softly. I didn't want to tell him this.

"The other day, I heard something I probably shouldn't have. I don't want to really talk about it right now, because we're supposed to be happy right now." He rolled his eyes and sighed before looking away.

"I overheard some of the guys talking about me. They were talking about how trashy I am and how I don't deserve you. That really hurt to hear. You're such a great guy. I feel like shit for the way I reacted to everything." He shook his head with a very irritated expression, making me anxious.

I knew I shouldn't have said anything. Now he's pissed.

"Who said this, baby? Who!?"

"I honestly don't even know. I didn't see who it was. I was just passing by catering and I heard them."

He looked into my eyes again and grabbed my face, making me swallow hard. "I honestly don't know, honey. Maybe they're right."

"Fuck that. No, they're wrong! I was the one who fucked everything up! I didn't have to cheat. You were the most perfect wife and mother. You are the most perfect wife and mother. I can't believe you're still with me." He gave me a gentle kiss before rubbing his nose against mine slowly.

"I love you. I don't think I could leave you if I tried. For one, you're the only person who can handle me and my wild ways. You're also so fucking good in bed." He laughed loudly before ghosting his lips over mine.

"Are you gonna kiss me or what?" He then surprised me by pulling me into his lap for a passionate kiss.

"Since we're out here all alone, why don't we do it? I want you here and now." He smirked and held my body closer to his before nipping at and kissing my neck.

"I'm so glad we worked this out. You are amazing."