Chapter 3

Jolie Rotunda-Good

~

I made it back home and my little brother, Taylor, was waiting for me. "I missed you so much, Jolie!" He smiled and kissed my cheek. "Where's dad?" He nodded forward and I saw dad walking towards us with mom holding his hand. "Mommy!" I hugged her tight as she cried softly. "Don't cry, mommy. I missed you too!" She pulled away and kissed my forehead. "Jon called me and said he'll be home tomorrow morning. Are you staying at your place or with me?" I grabbed Taylor's hand and started swinging it back and forth. "I guess you can stay with me tonight." "Sleepover!" I laughed and got in Taylor's truck with him. "Are you hungry? Mom made spaghetti and left some for you." I sighed happily and put my seatbelt on. I turned my phone back on and groaned at how many text messages I got from the girls, Colby, and Joe. "What's wrong, sis?" "I have 100 unread messages." He chuckled and pulled into my driveway.

I smiled excitedly and got out, running to open the door. I missed our house. Taylor walked in with my suitcase and sat on the couch next to me. "Care to tell me what happened? Jon said something about your contract." I rolled my eyes and turned to face him. "Well, once we arrived, Stephanie told us that she needed to talk to us. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't think that would happen. Jon gets a title shot and I'm so proud of him. I was gonna get that title match after 10 long, hellacious years. I worked my ass off for this. I was the only diva left from the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression era. I've had the honor to work with women like Lita, Trish, Ivory, Jazz, and Sensational Sherri. They thought I was gonna be the Women's Champion in no time. I've never had a title match. That would have been my first."

I felt tears forming, but I held it back. He leaned his head on my shoulder and sighed. "You're a legend. Just know that. Every one of those girls at NXT talk about you and they look up to you. They always ask about you." I smiled and hugged him tight. "I love you, Taylor. You're the best little brother." He looked at me and smiled. He's so adorable. "I still can't believe you're single. Those girls at NXT? They're not interested?" He sat up and shrugged. "They're not worthy of my love and affection." "I guess. But, damn. You're so cute, though. You drive those fans crazy. It's hilarious how loud those girls scream when they see you." I noticed my phone lit up and I swiped the screen. I locked it and placed it back on the table. "Who was that?" "Stephanie." He picked it back up and unlocked it.

"Taylor Michael Rotunda! What in God's name are you doing?" "What you should be doing, Jolie Kendell Rotunda!" He replied to her and put it back down. I growled and walked into the kitchen. "Jo, it had to be done!" "What the fuck! I could have fucking handled it! Damn, Taylor! Just stay out of my business!" He looked at me with the saddest face ever. I've never raised my voice or cursed at him. I think I scared him. "Taylor, sweetheart, I'm sorry." He looked down and rubbed the back of his neck. I closed my eyes and sighed. He grabbed his keys and walked out and I followed him. "Taylor, please! I'm sorry!" He got in and I stood at the door, banging on the window. "Don't leave like this. Please." He looked at me with tears in his eyes and backed out. I wiped a tear from my face and walked into the house.

~

I felt the urge to pee, so I got out of bed to go to the bathroom. I opened it and saw Jon brushing his teeth. "Baby?" His eyes lit up and he quickly spit out the tooth paste and rinsed out and wiped his mouth before he kissed me. I ran my fingers through his hair and laughed softly. "When did you get here?" "About 20 minutes ago." He smiled and I kissed him again. "I didn't even hear you. How did tapings go?" I went to the toilet and peed as he sat on the tub. "They went good. Except for this." He turned around and showed me a huge bruise and bandage on his back. My eyes went wide as I wiped, stood up, and flushed. He waited for me to wash my hands before I prayed over it. He's not much of the religious type, but I am. I love how he respects it and doesn't ridicule me like he used to. "Thank you, baby. I'm feeling better."