Chapter 31

Jon and I met up later that day for time with our sons.

They were happy to see him and it made me happy to seeing the smiles on their face.

"Are you hungry, babe?" Jon looked up at me and cracked a little smile before nodding. He stood up to take the plate from my hands before kissing my cheek.

"You've been oddly affectionate today. Trying to win me back, I see." He laughed and playfully rolled his eyes as he sat on the couch.

The boys seemed to gravitate to him and the food, absolutely ignoring my presence. I took a seat next to Jon with Maddox in my lap and watched him eat a apple slice.

"Hey, look at me." I looked at Jon and nervously bit my bottom lip as he gently gripped my chin.

He stared into my eyes with so much passion, I felt like I was gonna cry.

"I know you're mad at me and you have every right to be, but we really need to talk." I looked back down at Maddox and smiled at him when he giggled.

"Okay. Where do we start? There's so much to talk about." He let out a breath and reached for my hand, rubbing it softly before kissing it.

"Let's start with how close you got with Rami. I'm just curious. I don't mean any harm."

"You know how protective he's always been over me and he hated seeing me sad. He made me not want to drive off of a cliff. I was miserable when you betrayed me and our kids. You broke my heart, Jon." I wanted him to feel the pain I felt, so I messed around. Yeah, I'm wrong, but I was hurt.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I really messed up and almost destroyed our family. I didn't want that to happen. I love you guys. You are my world. My life." He kissed me so gently. I really felt that.

"I just want you to know that I'm over everything. I just want to move on. I know more about your fling with Renee than I want and I'm gonna let you know that it's okay, but don't you dare pull that shit again."

"I want you. I only want you." Our lips connected until Maddox butted in, getting jealous of Jon kissing me.

"You want a kiss, baby?" He nodded and kissed my cheek before resting his head on my chest.

"Babe, it's getting late. Let's get them ready for bed." Jon stood up with Moxley fast asleep in his arms.

The walk to the boy's room was quiet and peaceful, which was needed after the stressful event that took place not too long ago.

I don't know if Jon and I are ever gonna be the same again, but I honestly don't want to give up on us.

"So, you're gonna take him back?" I didn't want to have to face the music, but Rami needs to know what's happening.

"We're just gonna try again, Rami. We don't want to give up just yet."

"If you're happy, I'm happy. I'm here for you. Just know if he tries something with you, I'm always gonna be there for you. Don't ever hesitate to call me. I'll be there in a heartbeat."

"Rami, I really appreciate you. I don't know what I would do without you."

"I love you. Take care, Jo."

With that, he hung up and I immediately felt like crying.

He's such a beautiful guy that I'm hurting him. I'm such an asshole.

"You okay?" Jon approached the bed with his hands on his hips and a concerned expression on his face.

"I'm fine. I just really missed you. That's all." He smiled and laid next to me before giving me a kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, hoping the pain the I felt would go away.

This man broke my heart on so many different occasions. He slept with our co-workers, lied to me countless times, and even told one of them some of my biggest secrets.

In a sick and twisted way, I still love him. I can't live without him. I don't want to live without him.

"I love you, Jolie. I missed you." He bit his bottom lip as he looked into my eyes. Those damn eyes.

"I love you, too. I love you so much and I'm sorry. Let's make it work this time."

With a simple nod, Jon caressed my cheek and smirked at me.

"You got it, babe."