Chapter 12

Jolie Rotunda-Good

~

The doctor walked out and Jon reached over for my hand. ''I won't leave you. I'll be here for you. Just tell me who it was." I took a deep breath and looked into his eyes. He looked so sad. "You were going out all the time and I was getting fed up. I slept with Austin." "Austin? As in that Adam Cole kid?" "Yeah, him." "Just because you're upset doesn't mean you have to sleep with him." I sighed and wiped my eyes. "Is Maddox my son?" I scoffed and looked at him. "I don't know. Do you want to test him?" I said sarcastically and left the room. I got in the car and turned it on while growling. He got in and looked at me with a sad face. "I'm sorry, Jo. I'm just overwhelmed." "I am too, Jon! You have three other kids and I'm your wife. I'm supposed to be the one to have all of your babies!" I felt tears threatening to spill, but I held them back. "I know. I know we had dreams. But, you can't give up on us. You can't. I love you and our family. Please, don't go. You know I hate begging and pleading, but I will do anything to keep you with me." "I want those kids to get DNA tests and I want you to delete their numbers." "I can't do that." I heard his voice crack when he said can't and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I'm hurting Jon. He put his hood on and sniffled. I drove back home and occasionally looked over at him. "I'll ask Nattie to keep Maddox for the rest of the day. I want to be alone with you so we can talk." I nodded and parked in the garage. "Jon, I'm sorry for putting you through this. If I would have just kept my legs closed, we wouldn't be going through this." "Don't worry, baby. We'll get over this. I have you and you have me. We're okay." He smiled and I touched his dimple. "I still don't understand why you do that." I smiled for the first time in days and he kissed me. "I need to start taking these." I held up my bottle of antibiotics and sighed. "Why am I such a slut?" "Baby, you are not a slut." I got out and hid the bottle in my hoodie pocket. He grabbed my hand and we walked in the house quietly. Nattie was walking around with Maddox, trying to get him to sleep. "Hey, guys. I'm sure he's out now." I smiled and she handed him over carefully. "Nattie, can you keep him for the rest of the day? Jolie and I need a little privacy and we don't want to disturb his sleep." She nodded and I handed him back to her. "I'll bring his bag over there in a minute. I just need to get his things." Jon walked to Maddox's room and I walked Nattie to the door. "It's kind of chilly out, so here's his blanket." I picked it up from the couch and placed it on him. She waved and walked out the front door slowly. "Jon, you okay in there?" I walked to Maddox's room and watched quietly as he put a bib in the bag. "Are you okay?" He looked up and his eyes were red and wet. "I've failed you, baby. Why are you still with me?" "Because I love you. I was serious when I read my vows. I will stand by you until the day I die. I can't live without you. My cool Ohio guy." He smiled and kissed me softly. "I'll give anything again to be your baby doll." I sang to him and he smirked. "I love you. I forgive you." He hugged me and I felt at ease, finally. "I'm sorry for putting your health in jeopardy. I'm glad you're not really upset with me." "I mean, it's curable. And plus, I put you through hell. I-I cheated, also." He shook his head and sighed. "We're such a fucked up couple." I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck while he placed his hands on my waist. "We can still do it. We just need to use condoms." He pecked my lips and squeezed my waist. "I need to get this over to Maddox." He picked up the bag and kissed me before leaving.

~

About two hours after our talk in Maddox's room, we laid in our bed and stared at each other in a peaceful silence. He looked so happy now. It was kind of a relief, but I really want to know if those are his children. It's really eating at me. "Jon. I have a question about the children." He nodded and grabbed my hand. "Did you want them or were they surprises?" "I didn't want them, but now I have to take care of them if they're mine." I felt my heart drop and I nodded, trying to hold back the tears. "How come you didn't wear condoms?" "I did. I just wish I would have never done this. I didn't think about how you would feel and how it would affect our marriage." "So, they were just quick fucks? Booty calls?" He nodded and closed his eyes. "I wish I would have stayed home that night. I wouldn't be in this predicament. I almost infected you, Jon. You have to take this serious." I sat up and felt myself getting mad. "Jo, this isn't my first STD scare." I scoffed and smacked his arm. "You're sick." His eyes opened up and sat up, also. "What the fuck, Jolie? You're the one with the damn STD!" I smacked the hell out of him and got out of bed. "Are you fucking kidding me!? Jonathan, get the fuck out of my face!" He walked out and went into the guest bedroom. I sat back down and shook my head while scoffing. He's got some nerve.

~

The next morning, I woke up and my eyes were puffy as hell. I had so many messages to open, but I didn't feel like it. Jon walked in and he looked like hell. His hair was everywhere and his eyes were red. "Good morning, baby." He said lowly and walked into the bathroom. "Good morning. Are you okay?" He stood in the doorway and nodded. "How about you?" "I feel like crap. My head hurts and my eyes are swollen." He chuckled and walked over to the bed. "I know we aren't seeing eye to eye, but give me another chance. I was being an asshole last night and I'm sorry." I nodded and held my arms out for a hug. "I love you, Jon. Don't pull that shit again." He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "I love you too, Jo. I won't. My cheek was stinging all night." "I'm sorry about that." "No, I deserved it." I pulled back and nodded. He flicked my nose and scrunched up his nose. I laughed before he kissed me softly. "I'm done with cheating. I want you and only you." I smiled and kissed him again. I finally have him back.

-

That's Adam Cole over there. He's pretty gorgeous, to be honest. :)