Chapter 23

I called the ambulance and my mom before Jon came back in with a glum look on his face. "I had to perform CPR, babe. He's okay now. He told me to check on you." I stood up and walked over to give him a kiss. "I love you so much, Jon. You saved my daddy's life." I kept my forehead on his as his breathing evened out. "I'm so sorry, baby. You shouldn't have to deal with this. You want to go see him?" I nodded and he walked over to the bed to sit with our boys. I walked to Maddox's room quickly and saw him lying on the couch with a bottle of water beside him. "Daddy?" He opened his eyes and smiled once he saw me.

I rushed over to him and gave him a big hug. "Don't scare me like that ever again, you old man." He laughed and kissed my forehead when I pulled back. "I'm fine, princess. Are you okay?" I nodded and sat down beside him. "Dad, what's going on with you? What are you not telling me?" He touched my hand and exhaled sharply. "My heart is giving me a hard time. It's nothing to worry about, though." I shook my head and stood up. "Daddy, you almost died earlier. What are you talking about?" I wiped the tears from my eyes and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Look, Dad, you need to take this seriously. I don't want your grandchildren to live without their grandpa. I don't want to live without you." He stood up and pulled me into his arms, letting me cry into his chest. "I'm gonna be fine, Jolie. Don't cry." I pulled back and felt Maddox hug my leg. I picked him up and he rested his head on my shoulder. "Mike, the ambulance is here. I still want you to go. I'm not taking no for an answer." I walked over to Jon and kissed his cheek before stepping into the hallway.

My mom rushed over to me and hugged me tightly as the paramedics came upstairs with a stretcher. "He's in here. He's stable." Jon nodded in the direction of the room and they walked in quickly. "Do you guys want me to keep the boys for the night?" I nodded and kept my grip on her. Jon rubbed my back and kissed the back of my neck before resting his hands on my waist. "Stephanie, I'm fine. Go home and rest. Jolie, call your brothers and tell them where I am. I was supposed to meet with them tonight. Jon, take care of my baby girl. I trust you, son."

He grabbed Jon's hand and squeezed it before they took him downstairs. I followed them and kept my arms crossed over my chest. "Make sure you keep him still and don't give him too much medicine, he gets crazy. Watch out for pot holes and bumps on the road." They got him the back and started hooking him up to IVs. "Don't drive like maniacs and swerve like y'all lost ya minds." One of the guys smiled sadly and nodded before closing the door. I wrapped my cardigan around me and felt arms wrap around me. "He's gonna be fine, baby. We'll go see him tomorrow."

Jon placed one hand on my lower back and the other on my right hip, kissing the back of my head. "Steph is keeping the kids for tonight. We're getting much needed Mommy-Daddy time." I smiled and turned around to face him. I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck and opened his mouth with mine before slipping my tongue in slowly. He laced our fingers together and rested his forehead on mine. "I love you." I smiled and pecked his lips one more time before rubbing the back of his neck. "I love you too."

~

My mother left with the boys and Maddox was more than eager to spend time with grandma. "Jon, do you really think my dad is okay?" He pulled me into his arms and kissed the top of my head. "Baby, stop worrying. He's gonna be fine. I know he will." I nodded and leaned up to kiss him. "You're so incredible, sweetheart. I love you." He smiled and caressed my cheek. "I love you more." We were about to lean in for another kiss when my phone vibrated.

"Jolie, this is Steph! I wanted you to know that we're desperate to bring you back! We need you, actually. The Diva's division is in need of a savior and we want you in a storyline with your husband. Are are ready for that?" I gasped and showed the text to Jon. He smiled and licked his lips before kissing me. "You have to come back. Everyone misses you. I miss traveling with you." I smiled and looked at the text again before looking back at Jon. "Let's do this."

-

Jolie is coming back to the WWE and she's returning with a vengeance!