Chapter 29

After a sleepless night, I got out of bed and decided to call Jon. It was risk I was willing to take. "Jolie. Hey, babe."

I sighed and closed the bathroom door. "Hey, Jon. I was wondering if you still wanted to meet up on Saturday, you know, for the boys."

"Yeah, of course. I want to spend time with the three of you. I need to clear the air with you, anyways." I nodded and closed my eyes.

"Yeah, honey, that's okay." It was silent on the other end and I got worried. "Jolie, I'm sorry." He started crying and I bit my lip to hold back my own tears. "Please, don't cry. Jon, please."

A tear rolled down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. "I don't know what came over me. Sleeping with Renee was a mistake and I'll admit that. I love you. I need you. I fucked up. I want my family back."

I exhaled sharply and started sobbing into the phone. "Jon, I miss you. I want you back home. I was acting tough to hide the pain. I'm hurt. Jon, I know you got her pregnant."

There was a long pause and it made me nauseous.

"It's not mine. She told me it was-" He took a deep breath and exhaled sharply. "It's Colby's. That's the reason why he and Leighla broke up."

I pulled the phone away from my ear and tried not to scream. "Jon, just come back home. Your boys need you."

"That's what I'm doing now. I'll be there soon." He hung up and I walked back into the bedroom. "I'm gonna go. I have something to do. I'll call you later."

Rami rushed out of the room, leaving me confused and curious. "Mommy?" I walked over to the bed and picked up Maddox before walking out. "Are you hungry, baby?" He nodded and I took him downstairs to feed him.

"Daddy's coming home in a little! Are you ready to see him?" He squealed and nodded eagerly. He sat at the breakfast table and looked up at me.

I kissed the top of his head before walking over to the pantry and pulling out cereal. "DADDY!" I looked back and saw Jon pick up Maddox before kissing his forehead multiple times.

"Hey, Maddox! I missed you." Maddox latched onto his father and rested his head on his shoulder.

I closed the door and sat the box on the counter. Jon walked over to me and placed his hand on my cheek. "I missed you. I missed you so much."

I kissed him and rubbed Maddox's back, making him look at me.

"You need to eat, baby." He nodded and Jon let him down. "Let me do this, Jo." He went in the cabinet and grabbed a small bowl for our son, followed by a spoon in the drawer.

"I'm gonna go check on Mox. I'll be right back." Jon nodded and I made my way upstairs quickly.

After Maddox had breakfast, Jon played with our sons for the rest of the morning. "Hey, Jo? What's going on with you and Rami?"

I shrugged and tossed the remote onto the couch. "Are you done with Renee?" He looked at me and nodded slowly. "No more of that. I swear." I sighed and looked over at my phone, eagerly waiting for Rami to call.

"Waiting for him to call you?" I closed my eyes and dropped my head. "Is it that obvious?"

He nodded and looked back at our sons. "Jolie, I'm not asking you to stop seeing him. You can do whatever you want."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him. "Jon, let's drop that subject."

He frowned and nodded at my words. "I'm not even gonna lie to you. Last night was hard. I did a lot of thinking."

I kept my eyes on him. "I'm gonna stop cheating. I won't stay out late. I'm gonna be with you and our children as much as I can. I promise."

I laughed softly and shook my head. "You can stay out. I'm not gonna take that away from you." He smiled again and went back to playing with the boys.

The doorbell went off and I got up to answer it. "Rami, hey."

I stepped outside and closed the door, following him to his car. We got in and stayed quiet for a few minutes.

"Jolie, we need to handle this now. Do you want to be with me?"

I froze and nodded repeatedly, feeling tears form in my eyes.

"Jon wants to make it work between us, though."

Rami slammed his hands on the steering wheel and I jumped at his actions.

"Damn it, Jolie! You can't keep doing this! You have to choose! Look, I love you! You have everything I look for in a woman! Jon doesn't care for you. You're his wife at home, but Renee is his wife on the road. It's been this way for months! Way before you even found out! He even said he stays at her place in New York all the time."

I laughed bitterly and shook my head with tears in my eyes.

"Ram, go get my children and take them upstairs." I got out of the car and rushed inside, waiting until the kids were out of my sight before I punched Jon in his eye.

He stood up and shoved me back before slapping me.

I held my cheek and laughed bitterly.

"You're practically living a fucking double life, you asshole!" He looked down and sighed.

"Jon, I can't do this anymore. This is over!" I gave him one last look and walked out of the living room.

I ran upstairs and found Rami in the playroom with the boys. "Just stay here. I'll be right back."

I packed a few bags and made my way back to the boys.

"Let's go. I'm not staying here any longer." He nodded and followed me outside. He buckled Maddox in his carseat and helped me with the bags.

"I'm going to my parents' house. I'll just see you later." He closed my car door after I buckled Moxley in the backseat.

"I'll give you some space. Just call me when you're settled in." I nodded and gave him a tight hug.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." He kissed the top of my head and let me go before opening the door for me.

"I'll see you later, Rami." I gave him a gentle kiss and got in the driver's seat.

He closed the door and walked over to his car.

"Mommy? Are you okay?" I looked back at Maddox and smiled while nodding.

"Yeah, sweetie. Mommy's fine. You want to go see memaw and pawpaw?" He nodded with a smile and I turned on my car before pulling out of the driveway.

-

Sorry for the wait, my loves.