Your brothers best friend

TW: mild language, mention of smut, triggering subjects.

"You ready?" Your brother mason asked as you walked down the stairs, a sympathetic smile spread across his face.

"Ready as I'll ever be...I think." You sighed.

Today was possibly going to be the most horrific day of your life, watching the love of your life get married to someone else...masons best friend Declan rice. You was a year younger than your brother and his best friend...meaning you grew up being protected by the two of them, you and mason was best friends many siblings wasn't close but mason always looked after and protected his little sister. Declan always promised if anything ever happened to mason he'd always protect you no matter what the cost was, when mason and Declan was celebrating there invitation to play for England three years ago Declan met someone...a beautiful blonde girl who was tall with brown eyes and quite a shy girl.

You and Declan grew up being extremely close to the point you'd had sleepovers with him going around his house as a child and teen with mason, on many occasions when boys had broke your heart mason was out usually hunting them down and fighting...Declan on the other hand held you as you finally felt comfortable to sleep in his warm secure arms. There's not a thing he wouldn't do for you, you and Declan got closer and closer as years passed...he held you threw your best and worst times, your family's awaiting the day the two of you got together...mason awaiting the 'you better look after my little sister' talk...

It never made it there in the end...you had strong feelings for Declan the point you'd say you loved him, Declan had overwhelming feelings for you...he'd loved you his whole life. The only person that knew about your feelings for Declan was mason, and the only person who knew decs feelings was mason. He never told either of you how you felt for one another...he knew if you was meant to be it would work it's self out. He loved you and dec so much he wanted the two of you to come together finally, little did mason know dec would fall for someone else before you got there...and was now getting married to her.

Masons heart broke for you when he found out, mason felt heart broke his best friend would just forget about his feelings for his little sister. Mason had many conversations with dec about this day, of course mason was his best man he stuck by dec all the time. Mason knew if there was still live for you this wedding wouldn't go ahead. Little did you know Declan told mason about the fact you'd lost your virginity with dec when you was both 19, shortly after you freaked out as he'd not spoke to you about his feelings you thought he didn't have any for you...so you tried to forget what had sparked between you, little did you know mason sat up speaking to his best friend about how he felt about you.

"Are you okay?" Mason asked as you un-clasped your seat belt...when you arrived at the large decorated venue.

"Best as I can be." You forced a smile as he got out of the car coming to open your door for you.

Maos on was wearing a light baby pink suit with a grey tie, you was wearing a long beautifully decorated pink dress...your long hair wavy and platted loosely, your makeup natural, and you looked beautiful. Mason helped you out of the car with your heels. You and a couple of other guests pilled into the small venue, you sat next to Declan's mom and dad and his brothers with there finances. Mason stood and awaited Declan's arrival at the front, when Declan arrived he looked unreal...you almost felt sick. He was wearing a light grey tightly fitted suit with shiny brown shoes, his suit jacket clinging onto his chiselled biceps and chest...his hair fluffy on top the sides freshly faded and his beard perfectly carved.

His piercing blue eyes scanned across the guests, his eyes met yours and yours immediately looked away...it hurt you so much to the point you became flustered under his and masons intense gaze. The palms of your hands sweating as Declan handed the ring boxes to mason, the last of the guests pilled in. The room went silent as Declan composed himself, all of the guests raised to there feet, the slow music played as the doors opened revealing Declan's bride Lauren and her dad with her bridesmaids in front of them leading the way. Declan looked motionless, his eyes never glimmered he shot her a falsely forced smile.

"What's wrong with him?" You heard his mom Teresa whisper to his dad Sean.

"He's probably just a bit tense, he probably feels overwhelmed." Sean reassured her.

"Do you think this is the right thing for him to do?" She said quietly making your eyes widen.

"He won't do it if he's having doubts luv." He said.

"I'm worried about him." Theresa sighed rubbing her hand across decs dads hand.

"I know, he's our little boy he's clever." Sean nodded shooting her a reassuring smile.

Lauren reached Declan and mason, all guest seated and the vicar stood up right in between dec and Lauren...Lauren's dress was long silk. The brides- maids in silk light pink dresses with heels, you refused to be a brides-maid for them...it was hard enough being here as a family/friend guest. You noticed mason nudging Declan who was clenching his sweaty palms, his nose flaring every so often. His figure hovering over Lauren slightly rocking forwards and backwards.

"We are gathered here today to witness the commencement of the marriage of Mr Declan Rice and Miss Lauren Angeline Fryer." The vicar said many people hushing.

"If any person present knows of any lawful impediment to this marriage or any reason why these two people should not get married they should declare it now, or forever hold there piece." The vicar said, your hands gripped your shoulder bag tightly and the tips of your fingers turned white, you clasped your eyes shut preventing any tears to escape...your heart began to beat extremely fast, sweat building on your forehead...you became so overwhelmed you felt so small next to everyone. You shot up on your seat startling the guests around disturbing Declan and mason who stood wide eyed...Declans eyes met yours and seered threw yours.

"I'm...so...sorry!" Your voice cracked as you rushed out of the venue room the doors slamming behind you, your feet hit the gravel as you ran and ran not bothering to look back...you had no idea where you was going you just wanted to be anywhere but there.

You shoes churned up the gravel behind you as you continued to sprint to the flower gardens at the back of the venue, the sound of gravel sprawling out behind you the sound of desperate running feet catching up behind you. You came to a stand still as you turned around tears rolling down your cheeks, your eyes met with Declan's worried ones as he heaved out trying to catch his breathe...he slowly moved forward his tall figure hovering over you. The palm of his hand holding your cheek wiping the tears away, a strong wind of his aftershave biting you comforting you...he was really here...

"Let's get out of here."

"Where?" You chocked out.

"Anywhere as long as it's with you..." he smiled desperately pressing his lips to yours.