|6|

My heart was trashing against my ribcage

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

My heart was trashing against my ribcage. I was so jacked up on adrenaline. When I got home there was no way I could go to bed, close my eyes and fall asleep. Besides, my face was about to fall off. The left side got it bad, again. First was Hwang two weeks ago knocking me out. Then, Chan hit me in the ring last morning, and now that dick decided it needed some more bruising. My face was seriously about to end lopsided if they kept punching me like that. 

"Put your guard up!" I could hear Chan's accusing tone in my head. Maybe I should pay more attention to defending myself because this was getting too much.

My mirrored reflection was definitely telling me so. My left eye, cheek and lip were painted in dried blood. Crusts and wet hair stuck to my temple and my brow was messed up. The split was still wide open; fresh blood trickled down. It needed stitches, but there was nothing in my kit than gauze and some white tape.

So I cleaned myself up, changed, and called a cab to bring me back to Bugak Palgakjeong at the crack of dawn. Hwang's Urus was left behind in an inconvenient spot, blocking the garage entrance for the people visiting the sightseeing spot. I wasn't thrilled to drive that thing, but sometimes there were hardships in life.

Left side kick. Right side kick. Wheel kick.

I pivoted; leaned in on my left leg, straightened my right as I turned, and hit with the bottom of my foot the highest of the three Taekwondo mitts that were bolted against the wall. Immediately I folded above the waist, angling to the left as I clutched onto my side.

"Mother-" I bristled. Hwang's fist had taken a toll on me. He easily found my kidney and punched the hell out of it when I was on top of him. At the moment it hurt, but I was fine. But now that my adrenaline was nothing more than a low hum flowing through my body, the pain had increased tenfold.

Sweat dripped off my forehead, soaking the bad attempt at nursing myself. I could feel the white tape losing its grip on the salty wet surface.

A drop of sweat dangled on my nose as I grabbed my water tumbler off the mat. It let go when I looked up at the sound of a pissed-off friend.

"Where is that bastard? Why the fuck is Hwang in my gym?" Chan entered his second home with big strides, looking frantically through the gym to find the blond. On his way towards me, he shed his black hoodie, showing off his wide chest and bulging biceps underneath his skintight, black workout shirt. He was ready to crush some skulls.

It was clear why I hated Hwang so much, but Chan was on another level of hating. He despised the man. So much, so that he was only using the small primitive part of his brain when he saw the green SUV parked in front of his gym.

I think that was the reason why he was so riled up.

So I looked at him, gulping down half of the water. My eyes stung from the pestering sweat, but I kept my gaze locked on his angry face, waiting for that coin to drop.