|23|

He's blackmailing you

I had to keep reminding myself of that. The vivid picture of me crawling through my blood helped too. It was only yesterday that the contract was made and Hwang showed the video on his phone. But he already had his claws around my neck and he wasn't willing to let go. He was a good manipulator, which was also something I shouldn't forget.

Because after yesterday's escapade at the museum, I was sure he was preying on me. Hwang consisted of 80% of sexual desires and the other percentage was water. At that moment it was clear to me that he sought this feeling through me. I hadn't forgotten how his fingers felt against my thigh. The way he looked at me.

So this made me question if last night was a game of his too. To lure me out of my guarded shell. I wasn't the best when it came to handling my emotions. I relied on my brain for a reason.

But would he expose himself like that just to get to me? To get something out of me? Would he go that far to get what he wanted? And I wasn't sure anymore what he wanted. At first, I thought he wanted to get back at me for what happened back in the cabin. I mean, I thought I knew what happened there. I'm not sure what I said, but I remembered my hand around his throat and leaning into him.

Fuck, this was annoying.

I sighed, feeling the hot tension gradually leaving my body. Hwang was still blissfully unaware (or so he acted) and gawked at me with that stupid thumb of his drifting in the air.

"Then what is it?" he asked a second time, popping a raw vegetable in his mouth.

"You haven't washed your hands.." I answered him, dryly. Knowing now that there was no awkward bulge showing down there, I eased a bit in the chair with my head pressing against the backside.

"Are you serious right now? That's what this is all about?"

Not really, no.

"Yes, it's disgusting."

"I can think of more disgusting things than that," he muttered, ignoring my earlier statement, and started eating. He tapped the ends of his chopsticks on the wooden surface of the table and picked a strip of beef first.

"I'm not questioning that. Hwang is a synonym for nasty."

He laughed between his chewing and countered with one stuffed cheek, "Not going to argue about that. But you know what I think?" Hwang pointed his chopsticks at my face, moving his hand along with the pace of his chewing, and cleared his mouth. "I think you like a little nasty." Then he flashed me an all-white toothy grin. 

I inaudibly cleared my throat and sat a little upright. The ball was in my court now, his smug face told me so. So I needed something witty to fire back at him. Something that made him fall from his high horse for just a second. That's why I stood up, rounded the coffee table, and bent through the waist to whisper in his ear, "I do. I did yesterday night. So thank you." I squeezed the curve between his neck and shoulder and brushed my nose over the shell of his ear as I straightened my back.