|65|

"Could you come here?

"Could you come here?... I need your help.."

There was still some water left in my ear when the sudden ask for help came from the bathroom, so I thought I misheard. Lee asking for help, especially me, was as rare as my mother buying last season's items; it never happened.

The towel covered my head as I rubbed my ears dry. I frowned in the dark, thinking he would maybe ask again. But nothing came. The towel slid off my head as I dragged it over my face and then threw it on the chair. I felt stupid for feeling unsure but it didn't stop me from checking on him. 

Lee stood with his back to me, his body hidden in a robe. I placed my bare shoulder against the doorpost with my arms folded against the chest and my legs crossed at the ankle. He must have heard me but he didn't turn around. So I waited for him to speak up. 

"Ya?" I said after a beat of silence, confused as to why he didn't face me. Lee was odd but this was stranger than usual. I pushed myself off the wooden post and came to stand behind him. "Lee, what's up?" My fingers lingered above his right shoulder, in doubt if I should touch him or not. Was he so in thought that he didn't hear me?

But when my palm curved over his shoulder, Lee broke free from whatever spell he was on and hissed, "Don't touch me!" He jerked away from me and turned his torso so he could look at me. Seeing his startled expression made the frown on my forehead only deepen.

"What joke are you playing with me? Didn't you just call me for something?" I tried to read his eyes but he angled his head so I couldn't look at him anymore.

"Never mind, it isn't needed anymore." And with that, Lee turned fully and attempted to walk past me. But the sudden change of his demeanor before and after the shower was like day and night, and I couldn't stand it that I didn't get it. That I didn't get him. So I grabbed him by the wrist. "Let go," he demanded with a stern voice but his face showed me a frightened bunny looking into the barrel of a hunting rifle.

And he trembled like one too. "It almost looks like you're freaking out," I brushed the awkwardness off with a fake laughter. Lee's nails bit into the back of my hand, trying to pry it off his wrist. "Wait, are you having an actual panic attack?" The corners of my mouth dropped and the grip on him slackened. 

"No." He got away from my hand and stepped into the walk-in closet. "I need to go." 

I wasn't planning to let him leave like that. Actually, I wasn't planning to let him leave at all. My body was still riding along a hot wave that crashed over me the moment he pressed his lips on me. And now Lee tried to get away.

"You're acting weird!" I caught the sleeve of his robe and forced him to stop walking away from me. The motion pulled the fabric over his shoulder to his elbow, showing me his bare skin. "What's—" My words evaporated. Lee yanked the robe back over his shoulder but it was too late... I saw what I saw.