Chapter 2

Trigger warning: blood and cutting

Zyler returned home. The blood on his killer's hands was clear, bright red, staining his white shirt. The dim lights in the house gave it a hue that brought the demons to the surface, ever spinning behind the eyes.

The world treats killers differently as if they committed a crime, but what is a world without sin and sinners? Nothing, and he is the proud sinner of all. Except he never considered himself a killer. He is a demon, a warrior. Angels and demons have bloody hands, yet one is cold indifference, and the other is pure love, or that's what the world thinks. One is vice, the additional virtue, for they have found peace in their own justification, just like he found peace in his evil.

He removed his crimson shirt and hopped in the shower. He let the water kiss his sculpted body, cascading down and touching every molecule of his skin ever so lightly. How long had it been since he had genuinely felt a woman's touch? He doesn't remember. Sure, he fucks a ton, and that's what it is, fucking. He hadn't felt a feathery touch in forever, not that he was expecting to find someone.

He raked his long finger through his wet hair. Closing his eyes, he let the soap wash the dirt of the crimes he committed in the night. He shut the shower off, and without bothering to wipe his body, he walked into his bedroom.

He picked up his phone from the stand and called his assistant, and the man answered within the first ring, "hello," Cole was cleaning up the mess.

"Make sure there is no evidence of this. I don't want no media dogs sniffing around me, especially when FBI and Interpol are hot on my tail, not that dogs would get a piece of me, but I don't want any issues" he grabbed a towel and began to dab on the droplets. Those drops refused to cling to the towel as if they loved staying on his body.

"I will make sure there is no news," Cole grabbed his gun and did a last swipe in the area. "I cleared the club. It is as if this place was never opened," Cole knows what his boss wants. He has been doing it for him since he was 18. He is more of an advisor to him than an assistant.

Zyler was about to ask something when Cole beat him to it, "how do you think Brandon got the info? He is just an employee. He shouldn't have access to those files," Cole locked the club and walked out of the building.

"I am sure he was working for someone else. Send me the security process. I need to know on what basis the people in our company are being hired," he threw the phone on his bed and turned on his Bluetooth.

"I will. But whatever it is, I am sure we can pay off those folks. I mean, they get a hefty amount from us to keep us out of the news and their businesses," Cole stepped out of the club and hopped in his car.

"There are two types of people in the government, Cole. Type 1 eats green, speaks dollars, and licks our boots. Those dogs are easy to tackle. Type 2, Cole, these people operate on either vengeance or spark," he walked into his closet and grabbed his boxers.

"Spark can be doused, but vengeance is like fuel Cole. It will drive you to the edge or will lift you to heaven. It will make your angels sing. Those people are what we need to be cautious about. They have nothing to lose, nothing to gain. Their ultimate goal is to bring their object of vengeance down," he knew about vengeance more than anyone else. He hunted down the men who dared to come close to his family. He killed them all and hung them upside down in his enemy's own house.

His entire clan witnessed his other side that night. He was as if he was possessed. He ran and ran, chopping them all with his machete. He was 19 at the time. The bloodshed he caused was barbaric. It was evil and cruel. His thoughts weren't under his control. He acted as if he was acting on devil's Siren. Those people did not have a chance against Zyler. There was no evidence of the crime, nor did the police dare enter the city. He took the city into his arms, wiped the rest of their clan, and burned the village.