Chapter 22

Autumn's eyes clenched shut in fear and terror as she felt the brush of his tongue against the cigar pipe. She could hear it. Purposefully, he was making it embarrassing for her. His beautiful lips wrapped around the pipe, swallowing the thing whole. His smacks on the barrel were like a raw and primal predator tearing into its prey. The growl that escaped his throat was animalistic, resonating with the booming thunder outside. She couldn't distinguish what was more dangerous: his menacing presence or the violent storm raging beyond the walls.

A sadistic smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he leaned closer to her, savoring the sight of her trembling body. He leaned in, breathing her scent. She smelled like him now. She now smelled like leather and him. Her shampoo and lotion smell was nowhere in sight. She could feel his shadow looming over her. She was terrified. What more will he do? He had already done enough damage to her. How cruel is this human being? Is he even human? Does he even have a heart?

"Open your eyes, baby," he cooed to her. She didn't want to listen to him, openly defy him, and just lay there. It was scary to be in his presence. "Are you going to make me ask you again? Autumn?" his voice turned threatening. She opened her eyes only to see his blue eyes piercing her body. She didn't want him there. She just wanted to curl into a ball and disappear into bed.

"Will you ever disrespect me again?" he demanded her, wetting his lips, wanting to swallow her whole. Her heart trembled at the sight. He looked formidable. Her heart dropped into her belly where his cigar pipe was a minute ago.

"Will you ever rechallenge me?" his looming presence overrode the after-effects of her orgasm. She tried to answer, but she did not have the courage. She didn't want to respond at all.

Zyler raised the cigar, his hand steady and unyielding. "Or perhaps I should ask with this?" he suggested, his tone dark and sinister. "I need an answer, Autumn," his jaw tickled at the lack of her response, anger building up.

"No," her feeble attempt to answer came out as a whimper. A tear rolled down her eyes, wetting her cheeks and hitting the spot next to her ear. She felt like she was back in school, where her father made her sit at the kitchen table and would not give her food until she had the answer.

Something in her heart told her he didn't believe her lies. Somewhere, he knew she would do it again, and he was looking forward to it. He will punish her more.

"Good girl," he whispered. He was about to bend her over his knee, but a sound at the door tore his attention away.

Zyler was still hovering over her when her gaze moved to the door. His hand rubbed the apple of the cheek over her face making her still in the spot. His face was calm while her heart threatened to rip off her chest. "Answer it, and I'll make sure that whoever is at the door will pay the price," he warned. Like a predator baring his teeth, his voice dripped with a lethal warning. "Do you understand me?" and she nodded. She couldn't get that person hurt.

Fear took her senses hostage, as her eye latched onto the word, her voice trembling as she spoke. "W-who is it?"

"It's Rowena, Atty. Are you okay?" came the muffled voice from behind the door. The rain didn't ease.

Autumn swallowed hard, her mind racing with possibilities. She glanced back at Zyler, who stood motionless, his eyes fixed on her. "I'm fine," she managed to say.

"Are you coming home?" she adjusted her umbrella, glancing at the sky. "I was waiting for you, and you didn't come home," Rowena was concerned.

"Just had a migraine," she sounded as sincere as possible. She didn't want Rowena to get into trouble. So, she gave in.

"Open the door, Atty," she twisted the knob, trying to open the door. Zyler raised his dried, bloody hand and clamped on her nape, squeezing it a bit, earning a whimper. He turned her face to his, a vein in his neck popping, his Adam's apple showing up.