Chapter 67

Zyler's phone rang, and he saw that it was Cole calling. He answered with a sigh, already anticipating the news. "We had an attack on one of our warehouses. Think it is Liam."

Zyler's expression darkened as he replied, "I don't think it is. I know it is. The bastard thinks he can get what he wants by attacking us." He leaned back in his chair, tapping his pen thoughtfully on the table. "How is the girl doing?"

Cole pushed his hands into his pockets, his weariness apparent. "She's okay, for now. She's still unconscious. We're keeping her under the doctor's prescribed dosage of drugs. We can maintain her in this state as long as necessary."

"Good," Zyler replied sternly. "I don't take security lightly. I want her guarded at all times. Liam will stop at nothing to get her back." The desperation in Liam's actions had been evident, and Zyler had no doubt he would continue to pursue her relentlessly.

A cunning idea suddenly crossed Zyler's mind. "I want someone to call Liam and inform him that they have the girl's location," he said with a smirk.

Cole was taken aback by the request. "Are you sure about this?"

Zyler chuckled. "Why are you acting like I'm going to reveal her location? I'm leading him on a wild goose chase while I take care of his dear old dad."

"Do you think he'll fall for it?" Cole asked, his exhaustion showing as he struggled to keep up with Zyler's intricate plans.

"Love," Zyler mused, "makes you do foolish, reckless, and dangerous things. Liam is desperate, Cole. He'll take the bait." Zyler understood the depths of desperation all too well, having glimpsed the madness in Liam's eyes. It was the same madness that would consume Zyler if anyone dared to try and take his Autumn away from him. He would unleash hell and willingly walk among the demons of hell itself. So yes, Zyler had unwavering confidence that Liam would take the bait, driven by the overpowering force of love.

"Very well," Cole agreed, resigned to his role. He made the necessary arrangements.

He reclined in his chair, his predatory gaze fixated on Autumn. His lips parted, and he unconsciously licked them, mirroring her own lip-biting in thoughtful concentration. Her fingers moved gracefully across the keyboard, each keystroke accompanied by a delicate touch.

Autumn's frustration was evident as she huffed, her lips forming a pout that only fueled his desire. Something had agitated her. He watched with sinister satisfaction as she stretched her body, her movements accentuating the curves of her breasts. The number of times those mounds suffered in his palms and mouth was too many to count. Exhaustion was beginning to take its toll on her.

A dark, lustful smile curled on his lips as he pondered the effects of her exhaustion. If she grew tired just sitting and working, he couldn't help but wonder what would happen when he took her, pushing her until there was no energy left inside her but the burning intensity of their shared desire.

He had no intention of allowing her respite. He planned to possess her, to claim her until she was reduced to pleading for mercy, and then push her even further. In his mind, this was her punishment for making him wait, for the torturous teasing she had unknowingly subjected him to. The concept of gentleness would be obliterated from her existence; he would ensure that. She was about to descend into a world of darkness, where his desires ruled with merciless authority.

And soon, the day ended. It was exhausting for him, too. Signing deals, making arrangements, overseeing construction, and now he has to end Ryle. He sent Autumn home while he got ready to do his job. Just when he was about to call Cole, he received a call from the man.

"Liam ran out like a dog. He is out to the location. It will take him 2 hours by road. By that time, you can do your thing and come back. He wouldn't know," Cole had cut the power supply to his house and the other areas around Liam's house. He overloaded the generator and blocked the oil company, ensuring no one reached Liam's house. He had already hacked into the system and replaced the feed.