Chapter 16

This is a long chapter....

A wicked grin spread across his face as Lucius walked towards his car. He had successfully convinced Autumn of his good intentions, and now he had her right where he wanted her. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number, his fingers tapping impatiently as he waited for the person on the other end to pick up.

"Hey man, what's up?" the voice on the other end asked.

"Hey, it's Lucius," Lucius replied with a grin. "You won't believe what just happened."

"What's that?" his cousin inquired. These men were vicious, tortured women and lived on their screams.

"I've got her, man," Lucius said with a chuckle. "I finally got her to let her guard down." Lucius, his father, and his uncles are well-known for many domestic violence cases. But like many other wealthy families, those allegations were swept under the rug. The rich and powerful hold all the cards, proving once again that money, indeed, does rule the world.

"You're kidding me, right?" his cousin was excited to taste that piece of Autumn's meat.

"Nope, dead serious," Lucius replied. "I've been playing the long game, and it's finally paid off. She thinks I'm nice and has no idea what I'm after." Lucius had spotted Autumn a month or two ago, following her movements. Her beauty attracted him, and he knew he would get a fair price for her in the market. Her beautiful skin would entertain the freaks he has at home. And he will not back down from collecting that money. After all, what is one more woman in the pile that he sacrificed?

He followed her and tracked her movements. That is how he was able to cross her path and fall under her bicycle for her to notice him. He used his job offer as a tactic to lure her into his trap, and it worked. Initially, he thought it would take him a long time to get her to agree, but with luck on his side. Autumn had applied to one of his subsidiaries, and now the task was a piece of cake for him.

"Damn, man, you really know how to work it," the voice on the other end said.

The voice on the other end laughed. "You never cease to amaze me, Lucius. Keep up the good work. We'll be in touch soon. I hope you will grant me a taste once you are done, huh?" he inquired, licking his lips.

Lucius ended the call and slipped his phone back into his pocket. He felt a rush of excitement course through his veins as he thought about what was to come. He would have Autumn, and there was nothing anyone could do to stop him.

....................

Autumn arrived at the coffee shop feeling both excited and nervous. She didn't know the company she applied for was Lucius's. Regardless, she was thrilled to have been selected for an interview. She spotted him sitting at a table near the back, looking handsome and charming.

Hi, Lucius," she said as she approached the table. "Thanks for meeting with me."

"Of course, Autumn," he said with a charming smile. "It's my pleasure. I'm always happy to help talented people like you find their way in business." Autumn felt a flutter of excitement in her chest at his praise. She sat across from him and sipped her coffee, waiting for him to continue.

"So, let's talk about the job," Lucius said. "I think you'd be a great fit for our marketing team. We're seeking someone with your skills and experience to help us with our latest project."

"That sounds great," Autumn exclaimed. "What would my responsibilities be?" the girl was ready to pick up anything, as long as it was decent and paid bills. Being hardworking is one of her major attractive traits. Lucius launched into a job description, listing the various tasks and projects she would be working on. Autumn listened intently, nodding along and asking questions when necessary.