Chapter 10

The little dog kept staring outside and barking relentlessly. Unaware of the prying eyes on her, Autumn grabbed the little animal and walked inside. "Peaches," she called the dog who wouldn't stop barking.

"Are you okay, baby? What are you looking at?" she stared outside with the puppy. The dog knew exactly what he was looking at, but poor Autumn did not know Hades had taken residence outside her house.

Peaches was highly protective of Autumn, Archer's old dog gave birth to their puppy, and Peaches, but the little thing had a problem when he was born. He had pelvic issues. He didn't walk for almost two months when he was born. They were about to put the dog down, as they didn't have time or money to look after another dog. Neither did Autumn. The girl was working extra shifts every day and would get tired by the end of the day. But when she took the puppy into her arms, she couldn't just let him die. So, she offered to take care of him, and she did. With her constant care and attention, he gained strength in his pelvic muscles and walked four months ago. It is true what they say. Nurturing something with love will create wonders in life.

"Are you hungry, baby?" she coaxed her little boy, but the dog wouldn't stop staring out the window. Autumn followed the dog's gaze, but there was no one.

"Peachy, you would alert me if there is a ghost in here, won't you?" she booped the dog on his nose, and the dog said nothing but yawn and excitedly waddled his legs. She set the puppy down, and he filled his stomach. Autumn tied her hair in a bun and jumped into the shower.

Zyler leaned on the tree and stared at her house. "Autumn," he said her name out loud. He closed his eyes and relied on the tree, wondering what she was doing inside. But again, he hated thinking about her. He didn't like that a woman was piping her way through his mind.

He was there to finish her, but what the fuck was he waiting outside for? Why couldn't he fire that gun? Was he incapable of taking another life? He had never backed out on a kill before. Backing out in his world equals losing grip on his desires, but Zyler is not one to lose control of his faculties.

All aside, he didn't feel okay letting a woman control him. What should he do? Should he fuck and forget? Or should he fuck and kill her? In a way, killing her is non-negotiable. He came far in his life. He cannot let a woman destroy his reputation. If he allows her to live, she might take another dig at writing about him.

Zyler had never felt this indecisive all his life. The cigarette in his hand wasn't easing his discomfort. Drugs, sex, and smoking always relieved the pleasure in his mind and dick. But this girl is something else. First, it was her article, and now the girl itself. Is she some sorceress? He chuckled. What kind of bullshit theory was it?

He will finish his job tonight, but before that, he will get a taste of her. He wondered what those plum petals tasted like. Would they ooze honey once he digs his teeth into her lower lip, or would they taste like whatever she tasted before? He shook his head. Why the fuck is he thinking about her?

Zyler wasn't a fool not to understand this was lust, but why did this feel good? Good as if he was high on LSD and fidgety like he was being held underwater and someone was holding his nose tight. Whatever it was, he was. It was not a good feeling, and he wanted to ease it. He will reduce it tonight.

Autumn wrung her wet hair and sheathed it in her towel. She applied lotion all over her body and leave in conditioner on her hair. She came out of the bathroom in her PJs. By the time she was done with her shower. Peaches had already finished his food and was waiting for Autumn. She picked him up and sat on the couch. "Is this little tummy full, baby?" as soon as those words left Autumn's mouth, the puppy rested happily on her neck. And soon, she was snoring.