Chapter 32

This chapter is full of violence. Will contain blood and other things. Feel free to skip if you feel like.

April walked to her sister watching Tv, and plopped beside her. She pulled the blanket over her. April moved closer to her little sister as they huddled together, watching the tragic scene in Titanic. Autumn's eyes widened as she watched the couple, unsure of what was happening. The old couple, holding hands tightly, were resigned to their fate as the icy waters closed in around them.

"Are they going to save them?" Autumn paused the movie and turned to her sister. April had watched the movie several times, so she knew what was happening.

"No," April took the remote from her sister's hand and hit the resume button. "And it's okay," she wiped Autumn's tears.

Autumn gasped, her hand flying to her mouth. Tears welled up in her eyes. "No, they can't die," she protested. "It's not fair."

April didn't have an answer to her sister's question. How does she tell her little sister that life happens? So, she remained still, both watching the waters engulf the older couple. "They are old. They should be saved first," Autumn's little mind couldn't digest the unfair situation.

"I know," April smiled. "Do you want to know a secret?" April gave her sister water to drink. Autumn nodded, still sobbing.

"The actors who died, in the end, are not dead," April noticed Autumn's eyes widen.

"They did not?" Autumn looked at April as if everything was a lie. April nodded in assurance.

"He won in other movies," April chuckled. Autumn looked utterly baffled.

"So, he is a hero, and he will always win? In other movies?" Autumn innocently questioned, her voice softening.

April smiled. "Of course, he will. Heroes always win in the end."

Autumn wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "I don't want you to die, April. Ever," her breath faltered. "Promise me you won't."

April smiled warmly. "I promise I'll never die."

Little Autumn believed April. To her, her sister will always be there until the world's end. They sat there, lost in their thoughts, as the credits rolled on the screen. Little did they know that life isn't always fair and heroes don't always win.

Autumn jolted awake to the unwanted memory. She rested her hand on her chest, breathing heavily. She always shoved the memories of her past deep into the corners of her heart, locking them tight.

"Nice of you to wake up," his voice startled her. Suddenly, all the memories came crashing down on her. The cemetery, Nick's body, the fear. All of it came in on her like a tornado.

"No," she gasped. "You killed him," she threw the sheets away and attempted to run away from him, far away from his monstrosity. But before she could reach the door, she was yanked by her hair. Her body rolled in the air without her knowledge and landed on the soft bed. Autumn thrashed in his hands.

"You killed Nick. You murdered him," she accused. She shut her eyes tight, not wanting to look at the man.

"Wouldn't be the first time," he chucked unruly. She shot her eyes open at his bluntness and disregard for human life.

"Let me go," she was exhausted at this point. He dragged her into this mess. Another powerful man died because of her. What will his family do to her? They will hunt her down, and they will ruin her.

"Let go," she asserted this time. She was raging inside. Her anger was making her lose composure, and at the same time, she couldn't stop sobbing due to her helplessness.