Chapter 3

Somewhere in England...... (her picture attached above)

To avoid confusion, April is the older sister, and Autumn is the younger....

On the other end of the city, a girl was sound asleep. Her peaceful sleep was interrupted, her face contorted, morphing into pain. Her phone was on her nightstand, constantly buzzing with texts. But the girl played no heed to it. She snuggled into the duvet as happy as a cat in the sunlight. She was deep in her starry dreams.

The orange pastures lay before her like God's own country. The land curved and changed, and no two parts were the same, leading into a lake at the park's edge. To the little girl, everything was a picture, a snapshot in time that had to be cherished and memorized. Every view was a fine painting, from the birch tree to the oak. 10-year-old Autumn stood at the edge of the hill. "April," she yelled. A little girl with dark hair ran toward her. Her hair was pitch black, like Edgar Allen Poe's Raven. Her blue eyes reflect the sky.

"April," Autumn shouted again. April sneaked behind and, "boo," yelled in Autumn's years.

Startled, Autumn turned around and hugged April, "where have you been? I missed you," she hugged her sister.

"I have been here all this time, Atty," she returned the hug squeezing her little sister in her arms.

"Where have you been?" April pulled back, staring into her sister's central heterochromatic eyes. Autumn had the prettiest eyes. Her outer ring was green, but her inner circle looked gold and hazel simultaneously under the bright sunlight. Her chestnut brown hair glowed under the sun, making her look like honey sun dust.

"Let's go, let's go," Autumn dragged April with her. They stood before a lake, "look, we are standing in a puddle," Autumn jumped.

"No, Atty, you will fall," April pulled her back.

"The world is upside down. We are zombies," she bent even further, and April clutched her dress. She was worried that her sister would fall and hurt herself.

"I don't think zombies would be quiet if we were here. They eat brains," April's words made Autumn crinkle her face in disgust.

"Then I wanna be a zombie. I want to have smart brains," she wiggled her eyebrows.

"No, Atty, their brains are rotten. You won't be smart. You will be rotten, too," April tried to explain, but the little girl was stuck on eating the brains' part. She wasn't as into this as her sister was.

They lay on the grass, holding each other. "Does mommy and daddy know we are here?" Autumn turned her head to her sister's side and slapped a bug crawling up her hair.

"Ow," April shrieked.

"Bug Rilly, bug," Autumn laughed, and so did April. She stared back at the sky. "Do mom and dad know we are here?" she asked, tracing the passing clouds with her fingers, trying to catch them in her fist. But they didn't wait for the little girl.

Hearing no answer from her sister, she turned her head to the side, and Autumn disappeared. Two shadowy figures grabbed her, and her sister had her head down.

"April, stop," little Autumn ran behind her.

"Let her go. April, Rilly.........." Autumn stretched her hand to grab her sister back to her. But the figures smirked and whooshed behind a large hay bail.