Transformation (R)

The festivities in the plaza were going full swing to celebrate the new chief being installed. Many people had come to Viggo to congratulate him and wish him all the best in his new role as the most responsible man in the tribe.

"I thank you all for the good luck wishes. I will do my best to be the best chief I can be. I do wish to say that I am heartbroken by the way this game has been decided, and I wish my brother all the strength in the world. I know he had been searching for his wife out there, and to have to abort his search, to be called back home like that, will be hard on him." Viggo addressed to his people for the first time.

They cheered loudly for him, applauded wildly and the people started to grab themselves some mead and ale as they continued their celebrations. Viggo watched for a moment to see his people were having a good time, while he just felt sadness deep within himself for his older brother.

Viggo decided to step away from the festivities. "I'm going to check upon Ryker. I'll be back in a few minutes." He said to one of the councilmen that stood close to him. "Of course, sir." The councilman said and showed his new chief his respect. Viggo walked off and left the party behind him.

Coming to the Great Hall, Viggo started to look in the areas he thought Ryker could be. "Ryker! Where are you?" He yelled out more than once. He searched Ryker's bedroom, the kitchen, even the common living room. Ryker was nowhere to be found. "Oh, come on, big brother. Where are you?" Viggo slowly started to think Ryker might've sneaked off the island to go back to his search for his wife. Or even something more stupid than that, until...

Viggo heard something being dropped to the floor. He quickened his pace, searching everywhere again and followed the sound of the noises, when he found Ryker sitting at a table with his back aimed to everyone that may step through the doors. Viggo even thought he heard Ryker sniff and cry.

"Brother..." Viggo kept his voice soft, knowing his brother could be very unpredictable at this moment. Ryker laid half over the table, hiding his face in his arms, obviously not feeling well. Viggo carefully laid his hand on Ryker's shoulder, showing him his support.

"I obviously have no idea how you would be feeling at this point, but you should know that I will always support you. You are my brother and I'm sure that, someday, you will find her again." Viggo said to Ryker in a soft voice in an attempt to make his brother feel better.

"My life is over, Viggo!" Ryker said. "Nonsense! You have so much to live for." Viggo sat down on the other side of the table, looking at his broken brother. "It is, Viggo! I lost my wife, I lost my chance of becoming chief! What else do I have to live for?" Ryker threw his thoughts out in the open.

"You have your son." Viggo tried to make Ryker aware of that fact. Ryker sat back up and sniffed a few more times, rubbing his tears away. "Viggo, you know all I want is to have Zaria back. I can't look at my son without thinking of her! She gave life to him, he needs her in his life." Ryker said as he turned himself around. "Get me another goblet of ale! Now!" He yelled out to the servants walking around.

"Ryker! You can't start ordering our servants like that! Remember what father once told us, treat your servants like you want to be treated as they are working for you." Viggo corrected his brother. "I don't care, Viggo. You know Zaria was the only person I cared about, and that will always remain that way." Ryker said and turned himself away from his brother.

"Please, brother. Leave me alone and let me suffer on my own. You have a party out there, you should be there with the villagers." Ryker said, hoping his brother would listen to him. "But, Ryker..." Viggo wanted to convince him otherwise. "JUST GO!" Ryker snapped and screamed at his brother.

Viggo was shocked to hear his brother's reaction, but knew there was no way he could do anything to help him. "Alright. Just promise me you will come to me when there's something I can help you with." He stood up and walked off. "This is not something I can be helped with." Ryker said after his brother.