chapter four

Amelia's Pov
"Now we're a complete trio again,"June says gleefully sitting between  Ophelia and I. It's not that we weren't fond of her we were but she was too unsensored. She was our hidden versions combined. I was surprised that she got a man to settle down with. I was sometimes envious of how open she was about everything. How she knew what she needed in her sex life to make it better or who she needed to let loose to sore higher. "What is this i hear about you spreading your legs up on the train?" She says making me turn to Ophelia giving her a full on death glare.

"You told her?" I say feeling betrayed even though she was her sister. June was the last person i wanted to know about it because she couldn't keep her mouth shut. I get up and walk away back into the house to grab a drink while people are still arriving at the party. I stand at the mini bar eyeing the room when mom sneaks up on me. "You won't believe who just got here,"she says pulling me to the opposite side where Brianna and her parents are standing talking but stop when they see us. Ah the classic parents to the rescue.

The three of them scury away with mom saying she needs to introduce them to other guests. Our families were fond of each other and i loved that. "Do you want to dance?" She asks shaking off the awkwardness and i nod taking her hand and joining other couples on the wide space. I find myself looking at her more than i should. Studying her face features. "How are you?" I ask tilting my head abit. "I'm heartbroken May so of course I'm miserable,"she says finally meeting my gaze. I feel a sense of guilt for fucking a stranger and liking it when she was probably taping her heart together. Wait what? Isn't this what she always does then i feel bad and apologize for doing something that wasn't a mistake.

"I miss you,"she says kissing me and I'm not sure how i feel about it once we pull away. "I slept with someone else,"i blurt out with my hands still wrapped around her neck to which she rips them away.

"You what?"

"It was a spur of the moment yesterday-"

"yesterday?" She says cutting me off with a look of hurt in her eyes.

The last thing i wanted was to hurt her then rub it in her face. People started looking over to us so she pulled me away gently to the garden. "What is this really about Amelia because you broke off the engagement saying you needed time then the first thing you do is fuck some stranger?" She yells angrily pacing back and forth.

"This is what I'm talking about, you. You barely touched me and when you did it felt like a chore for you,and always tired from work or didn't want me to come with you for your office parties, forgetting date nights.You shut me out Bria, after the proposal and it was fucking frustrating for me knowing that my own fiancee made me feel so..so lonely and unworthy," i say breaking down and she doesn't hesitate to wrap me in her strong arms,pressing my head on her chest. "I'm so sorry baby,"she says softly but i remain silent still sniffling.

"Sorry can't fix us now Bria. Not when you can't even tell me why you did it," i say pushing her away from me ready to walk away when i see people looking over to us through the glass walls. Fucking thin glasses. I mutter to myself walking away from the house because now everyone knew my business and i don't need pity. I take dad's car and drive off without a destination to cool off. This is what I didn't want to keep on doing. Crying over how naïve i was thinking that what i settled for was enough for me. This was 17 all over again when i saw my prom date kissing some other girl because apparently i wasn't as fun.

I park my car and decide to take a walk on the navigli filled with lights like always did growing up. It was calm and everyone minded their business. "Amelia non?"a familiar voice says and i turn abruptly to see the bartender in a black suite holding the coat jacket over her shoulders smirking. Isn't this a weird coincidence? I think out loud. "Are you stalking me?" I ask not sure whether i mean it or not. " Still full of yourself huh? I'm actually here walking just like you so it's just a lucky coincidence," she says looking down to me because she's tall by a lot.

I go back to staring at the water not ready to get irritated. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asks and I'm quick to shake my head no. Why was she always assuming i have something to talk about? "Okay I'll go first..i feel so fucking exhausted with dinners to set me up for marriage by my parents. I just blew up another one,"i look over to her not understanding how someone like her would need to be set up with when girls are practically at her feet I'm assuming.

" Why?"

"Because they're all business deals and quite frankly I'm not ready for commitment," she says genuinely staring into the water.

I breath in and out before starting,"my parents brought my ex fiancee to their anniversary to bring us back together and it's frustrating especially because they don't know her like i do. I don't want to be tied up in marriage where my sex life is non existent and i have to keep begging for the bare minimum like a good morning kiss or cuddling or even spending the night on the same bed,"i say realising from my own words what i was putting up with. "I've masturbated more times than she's had sex with me or touched me in the past six months," i say feeling sad for myself.

I feel her eyes on me but i don't want to look over to her. "Because she's cheating on you," she says bluntly.

"What are you talking about?"

"Did she say she's sorry after you expressed your feelings to her?" She asks and i nod sti not following up. "Amelia she's cheating on you but can't tell you so she apologizes and makes you think she means your feelings when really she's apologizing for what she's doing behind your back," she says and i start to connect the dots but Brianna wouldn't do that to me. Would she? I remain silent checking the time and decide it's safe to go home so i don't worry my mom and she offers to walk me to the car.

Once I'm in she starts to walk away but stops jogging back to me. "What if we made a deal?" She asks and i hum to let her know I'm listening. "You want your sexual desires met and i want my parents to get off my back and the only way is-"

"to pretend to be your girlfriend?"

" Close but become my wife. I'd fake the certificate and make it look like we eloped,"she says getting carried away and I'm not sure I'm ready to go from ex fiancee to someone else's wife. "Can I think on it?" I ask and she nods giving me her card to call when I'm ready. Fabiana Scuderi was the name written on the card with a number to dial. I drive off to the house thinking about what she said about Bria. Was i supposed to be the trophy wife while she shagged other people?

I walk into the house looking for only one person in particular and when i find her i drag her to my room upstairs slamming the door behind me. "Was it your secretary that you were shagging?" I ask getting straight to the point.

"How..what are you talking about?"

" Cut.the.bull.shit," i say through gritted teeth.

"It was my business partner," she says not even keeping up her act. "The one you brought to my house and made me make dinner for her with specifics. Bloody hell, i should have known,"i say remembering how nervous she was that day and even gave me a list of things not to put in the food because she was allergic.

"Get the fuck out and don't you ever try to talk to me, my sister or my mom because i will personally give you a better reason to have cheated on me,"i say yelling and she just walks out  not even trying to convince me that it was a mistake or it meant nothing. What if i married her with this huge secret laying over our heads? "Lia what's wrong?" Mom asks rushing towards me. "You vouched for her, you brought her here. I don't want to even look at you right now," i say angrily realising that maybe i went to far with this. She didn't know because i never told her. Because she never asked. She walks out of my room quietly leaving me crying on the floor.