chapter twenty seven

Amelia's Pov
I raffle the closet looking for a dress to wear since Fabiana is announcing the merging of her dad's company and hers. I haven't talked to her about that  day in the shower because it's also the day her dad died and i didn't want to remind her of that. It really scared me to see her like that. To just disregard me as person and only see me as an object in that moment, i just felt so used. Her mom refused to share a roof with me and quite frankly i couldn't agree more. Haviana and Camino decided to go back to school with Fabiana insisting on therapy on their free time. She on the other hand, i barely see her. She comes back when I'm asleep and sleeps in the guest room. I know she's having a hard time dealing with her grief, i just wish she'd stop putting on that put together act.

"Found something yet? I don't want us to be late,"she says getting into her room that she barely uses anymore. I nod lightly settling on a dress that expresses exactly what I've been feeling lately. "Could you at least tell me what i did wrong?"she asks and I'm not sure now is the right time to talk about it. "Can we talk about it when we get back?"i ask her laying the dress on the bed noticing a small smile on her lips before it quickly disappears. She hesitates but leaves to probably get ready herself because apparently i take more time to get ready. Using one hand is harder than i thought it'd be. Once the dress is fully on i try to reach for the zipper but can't and Fabiana walks in just in time. She has on a black suit with a black collared shirt and a tie too that's  poorly placed.

"Can you umm..zip me up please?"

"Where do you think you're going dressed like that?"she asks eyeing me up. The dress had a huge slit up to my hip that's why liked it. I was a single woman after all. "It's just a dress Fabi,"i say but she's already personally going through the closet for a better dress which makes me chuckle. Was this one that bad? "Aha! This one,"she says putting the velvet black dress over herself for me to examine properly despite her tallness. How did i not see it? I take it and walk into the bathroom to change into it. It's thinly strapped and the zipper is on my lower back which makes it easier for me to do it. I liked how it hugged my curves so nicely falling to the floor ready to sweep it as i walk.

"At this point let's just stay home,"she says pinching the bridge of her nose dramatically making me role my eyes. I can't help it if i look good in everything. "What's this really about Fabi?" I ask walking over to her to fix her tie as i wait for her response. I could tell she was nerve wrecked about dissolving her dad's company and doing it infront of the public. "Promise you'll stay by my side tonight,"she says softly watching me and I smile reassuringly, "Ofcourse," Losing a parent isn't an easy thing especially when he was your mentor and the person you looked upto. I did make a promise to her dad after all. Once I'm done we leave the house with Fabiana reciting her speech nervously. I wish there was something i could do to help.

The drive there is fast with me thinking of ways I'm going to tell her that I'm going back to London and this is over for me. It was exciting at first but now I'm terrified of how fast my walls are breaking. "Finally," a woman says once Fabiana gets out of the car and holds the door for me with the other hand put out for me to take. I hook my arm in hers as we walk past all the camera flashes into the building. The woman fills her in walking beside her and i can see how uncomfortable each statement is to her so i squeeze her arm gently to calm her down. Even though I promised to stay by her side all the business talk is getting on my nerves mostly because i don't like it so i excuse myself to the bar to get a drink.

"Sex on the beach please,"i say to the hot guy bartender and he gets to cocktailing. "Amelia?" I hear a familiar voice and turn to know who it is. "No wayy, Eden?"i say a little surprised that she's here. We dated for year and a half in college before she called it quits saying she wanted to focus on her future without distractions then moved away. It broke me but i later realised that i wasn't the problem, timing was. "You look amazing Amie,"she says kissing my cheek. She was still the same daring person. "Still keeping up with the nickname huh?"i ask making us both chuckle as the bartender places my drink infront of me. "What are you doing here? Last i checked you hated places like this,"she says reminding me of the time she dragged me along to her parents annual gala filled with business men and wives content to have landed husbands who only needed them for display.