Chapter thirty eight

Fabiana's Pov
I was going down the stairs when the front door bell rings and i decide to answer it myself. There she is standing there in a baby blue short dress and her braids let down with her hazel eyes on me expectantly. "I'm just here to return this,"she says getting out a watch exactly like my grandmother's and hands it over to me. How did she have it. I've never worn it myself despite her gifting it to me. "Please come in,I'm about to make lunch,"i say not wanting to be rude and sending her on her way this quickly. She hesitates but gets in looking around suspiciously and i assume it's for my mom.

I tell her to wait for me because i need to get my phone from my room and when i return she's not there. I head to the kitchen and find her already helping me out with the ingredients i had laid out. "I'm sorry they were just lying there,"she says making me chuckle. "You seem to know your way around my house,"i say and she just huffs. "I do but right now I'm really counting on this food,"she says gesturing to the ingredients and i can't help but smirk as i walk over to where she is and start the process. I can feel her eyes on me from time to time but i don't mind it. For some reason it makes me feel Abit nervous.

When i place it in the oven i go back to trying to make small talk with her before the 15minutes are up.

"What's your name really?"

"Amelia,"she says softly. I can tell she has questions for me as well but she's biting her lower lip in contemplation. She opens her mouth to say something but is interrupted by noises from the front door. "Babyy!!" Jenelle squeels rushing over to me and shoving her tongue down my throat. "I have so-"mom says but stops immediately she sees Amelia with her  mood quickly changing to a hostile one.

"You just don't quite do you?"

"I could say the same,"she says standing up to face her unphased and for some reason i admired that. "I was just leaving anyway,"she says grabbing her sling bag and walks past her and without thinking i go after her. "You seem to have moved on fine,"she says and i cup her face crashing my lips on hers with so much familiarity. When i pull away she searches my eyes for something before walking out clearly not happy about it. I turn to go back to the kitchen but mom is already standing there gritting her teeth probably because she saw what happened.

"You know you seem Abit too happy now that I've lost my memory,is there something you're not telling me?"i ask her because she was barely like this around me and all of a sudden she has  my best interests. I walk past her to the kitchen where i was peacefully cooking for someone and now i have no desire to continue nor eat. "Diana take care of the food,"i say and she nods taking on from where i left off. When i get back to my room i hear the shower running and i assume it's Jenelle but i just want to grab my things and head to the study.

              Amelia's Pov
She kissed me and i kissed back despite seeing that model woman hold her possessively and she didn't mind. She was exactly her type and I'm,me. Maybe dad was right all along and i should leave here. It's clear that she doesn't remember me nor will she anytime soon if she's already gotten another woman to fill the space. I ramage my bag for the car keys before hearing a voice that makes me dread my existence. "You know it's sad seeing how clung you are to my daughter despite everything. Losing a child because of her clearly wasn't enough,"she says getting my attention at the last bit.

"What?!"

"Amelia wake up. She had the baby killed because she realized it would be a bastard in the long run,"

"how do you know this? Did you have anything to do with it?"

"I'm just opening your eyes sweetie, the taste of fortune clearly blinded you of her true colors,"she says and I'm not sure what to take from this. Fabiana? But she wanted the child from the beginning. Listening to her lies is what she wants me to do. I get in the car and drive to the one person i can talk to and won't feel like they're lecturing me.