chapter forty

Amelia's Pov
"Scoot over you selfish swine!"she yells and i just move over trying to understand the violence. It's a two bedroom house and the guest room is just next door.

"Remind me how long you're here again,"

"you're already chasing me away?" She asks fake gasping making me chuckle. "I'm actually thinking of moving here with the kids, it's so nice and calm,"she says taking her phone out and starts scrolling.

"Do you remember Eden?"

"Who doesn't, she was your first college love. I had to fly out to come help you through the break up. Best vacation ever,"she says and i laugh at the last bit. "I invited her over for the house warming party,"i say biting my lower lip and she just shrugs it off.

"Wait..are you...noo...what about Fabiana?"

"There you go again with the overthinking. I invited her over as a friend, she's even bringing a plus one,"I lie because i don't want her to start listing the pros and cons of this. If her precious Fabiana felt the same way she'd have called or texted or at least tried to find out who i was.

"What if sh- "

"if i hear one more freaking what if from you you'll walk all the way to you home,"i say through gritted teeth. What did they think this was, a romantic fairytale? Well let me break it down for them, the girl doesn't always get the girl if the sacrifices are one sided. "I need to video call the kids, goodnight,"she says getting out of my bed and walks out to the guestroom leaving me in my thoughts about everything. I thought moving into a new house would fill this void but it isn't. And it's not fair that im the only one being tortured by it.

Fabiana's Pov
It's been months and my mom is started to get impatient with me marrying this woman i barely know. When i last saw her i wanted to tell her that i was starting to remember but she wouldn't let me. I would have gone after her but the hurt and exhaustion in her eyes made me hold back. I wanted to understand why mom would do this.

"Baby there you are, i ran out of shopping money...."

"Not now Jenelle, I'm doing something,"I say bluntly because she just burged into my study like she damn well owns the place. What exactly was my mom's and this woman's game? She's the one who's after my money, not my sweet Amelia. I miss her so much but I need to get this over with. I've been signing papers she brings me but i made sure my assistant trashed them before they got to the board. Sometimes i wonder if mom was behind the accident, she had so much to gain including my hard earned money. "Fabiana sweet heart you chased your future wife away?" Mom asks coming in and going round the desk to see what I'm doing but I'm too quick to switch to another tab.

Which is one about wedding outfits and vows. Smart Fabiana, smart. I can already tell she's come to take my card on behalf of her little minion but I'm not letting them use my money. I hired a private investigator to help me with everything because mom knows how to cover up her tracks. Who knows what they did to Amelia when i was busy not remembering who she was. "Mom do you miss dad?"i ask out of nowhere making her body language tense up. Did i hit a nerve? "Ofcourse honey you know i do,"she says flashing me her best smile but i don't buy it one bit.

I decide I'm done working for the day because looking at her with the information i have just makes me sick. "I think we should move up the wedding to Friday,"i say already tired of this Cerade. I want to go find Amelia and have her in my arms like before. To smell her hair and feel her soft breathing against my chest.

"Are you sure, that's near,"

"you wanted me to get married,I'm getting married. Unless- "No it's perfect,the sooner the better," better for you. I scoff. I walk out and leave her there probably to prob around. I get in my car and drive without a destination in my head. I have everything planned out, I expose my mom on that wedding day Infront of everyone, including her media people or whatever. Somehow i find myself at the navigli, where it all started. Where i was running away from my problems and stumbled onto my forever solution. I tried to call her but it's like she changed her number and i don't know where her friend lives anymore because when i went there that douchebag of a husband was the one there with a woman nothing like his wife.

He seemed so bitter when i asked and i didn't want to cause a scene despite his face looking so punchable at the moment. I watch couples walking freely and i just want to stop one of them and tell them that they should stop because it's torturing me. I walk further abit in my thoughts about how I'm never going to let her go once she's back to me. My life is boring without her in it, there's no one putting me in my place, shoving food down my throat, switching soaps or better yet looking at me with such intensity. I want so bad to tell her that all this is pretend until I can expose my mother, but wait isn't that how it started with her? Of course she wouldn't believe me.

When I'm certain I've had enough torture i go to the one person who always has the right words for everything. There's flowers there so i buy some and walk in to where he is. "Hey dad,"i say seating on the grass next to his grave. "It's final Gianni, everything is under Fabiana's name as long as she stays married to Amelia, because know she'll take care of Haviana and Camino and you ofcourse...." I unlock a memory i hadn't quite gotten yet until now. So that's why mom was quick to get rid of Amelia. I stay there talking to dad for a little longer before reluctantly going back to the two women. The sooner I'm done with this the faster she and i can go back to our little bubble.