chapter fifty

Amelia's Pov
When i get home the lights are on off so i take it she's not back from her trip yet. When i landed i didn't come home because i wasn't ready to confront the situation with her. The truth is we didn't leave things well. She wanted me to not go because Ophelia wouldn't fly off with me last minute and i was mad because she actually never cancelled her work trip and told me that last minute. I did try calling her early today but she wasn't picking up so assume she's still not over it, well she's about to be angrier. I try ringing her again and this time she picks up.

"Hey ameLia," she says slurring her words abit.

"Hey Reya, are you drunk?"

"Nope," she says giggling and i don't see anything to giggle about.

"Are you with Marcus?"

"Yes why?"

"Give him the phone," i demand and she surprisely does that. "Where are you and why is she drunk?"

"I'm so sorry i tried to talk her out of it but she was so mad and she's my boss,"

"when was your flight back supposed to be?" I ask ready to teleport myself there and drag her bag by the ear. Seriously i was here trying to give her space so we could talk and she was drinking away? "Tonight, there's a time difference actually,"he says and I'm Abit relieved. She's not a responsible drinker and i should know. "How the fuck is she drunk at 2pm over there?" I ask after quickly checking how long the time difference is. "She'll be sober by the time she's back,"he says before hanging up abruptly.

I make myself dinner because unlike Fabiana i don't have Diana to take care of me like that. I decide to call her because i miss her already. "Hey shortstuff," "hey Fabi" I say abit embarrassed because we did talk during my lunch break which extended while i was handling some files and she just needed company on the train. "How's Ariella?" I ask shyly. "Amelia you don't have to use her as an excuse to talk to me, I miss you too, allot,"she says making me bit my lower lip to stop my smile from growing wider. She says my name so well or maybe it's because I'm smitten by her. "It's that obvious huh?" I ask.

"Did you talk to her?" She asks getting straight to the point and i get the feeling she won't like the answer. I couldn't tell Freya over the phone especially well she's drunk. "She's not back from her trip yet,"i say summarizing it and i hear her sigh. I feel the urge to reassure her that it's her i want, I've always wanted and i wouldn't hurt her in that way. "I think Ariella just woke up, I'll text you later,"she says rather dryly and i already know why. I'd expect my stomach to read the room but no it demands more food than i intended to eat. I'm lucky tomorrow is Sunday and i cleared my schedule, well the remaining work i can do from home.

Reality is actually hitting me that Fabiana really wants to be with me and I'm about to give up Freya for her despite it not being question as to who I'm meant to be with. I sit down to watch a movie but end up falling asleep because when i wake up the alarm is going off but Freya immediately walks through the door making me relax abit. I was alone in this house and i don't know what would happen if i got burglared. "Hey hey I'm sorry i woke you,"she says placing her small suitcase on the side and rushing to my side kissing my forehead. She smells so good and seems to have sobered up. She gets in the empty space, cuddling me.

"I'm so sorry about how we left things,"she says inhaling me shamelessly. I think we both know what path that took us when we argued that Friday. I check my watch to see it's around 4am. I want to tell her to go sleep in the bed but i feel even more guilty now so i let her sleep here with me. We share that bed, but we wouldn't from when i wake up. "Just shut and sleep,"i say making her chuckle at how grumpy i am. I haven't been a morning person since i got twice the clients in the last month.