Chapter twenty five

Fabiana's Pov
"Get her out now! This is family business," mom yells at me not caring whether Amelia is next to me while dad is just watching the whole thing unfold. He can't talk because he needs aid to breathe. Apparently dad had mom call the lawyer about his will like he had everything all planned out. The man looked peaceful with the decision life made for him. "It's okay, I'll be outside if you guys need me," "why would we need you?"mom retorts but she just gives a sly smile clearly respecting that this is not the time or place for all this. She's almost at the door when dad calls out to her and she obeys gesturing for her to lean in and he whispers something in her ear for a while and after she leaves. That was weird. Second time he's talking to her privately. I wonder what he'd think if he found out it was all a sham.

He gestures for the lawyer to start and he does.

"Sir are you sure you want to do this right now?"

"Don't..ques..stion me," he says struggling a bit. The next half hour is him reading the will but I'm not even paying attention because I'm still abit mad that he didn't tell me about his illness and i wasn't prepared to lose him just yet. "What?!"I'm pulled out of my thoughts by mom half yelling in shock.

"You're leaving her in charge of everything? But-"

"But what Gianni? You think I don't know about your affair with my doctor? I'm here because of you,"he says gathering his strength to sit up. "mom what is dad talking about?"Haviana asks the same time I'm about to but mom just focuses her glare on dad. "I had nothing to do with that,"she says tearing up and i can tell this is between them. He looked so tired of the conversation and i could understand why. Whatever they know and we don't clearly mom is being difficult about it. "It's final Gianni, everything is under Fabiana's name as long as she stays married to Amelia, because know she'll take care of Haviana and Camino and you ofcourse. I worked hard for them and if i entrust you I'd be making a mistake and i know it," he says and i realise that this is going to be a huge problem when he's gone. "Kids can i have time alone with your mother?"he asks and we leave hurriedly not wanting to have any more reasons to take sides.

I find Amelia sleeping on the joint seats outside and i can't help but remove my jacket and cover her with because of how chilly it is in here. "If only you treated her the same when she's awake,"Haviana says watching me. "Just being a good friend like you taught me,"i say smirking. "She's your wife Fabia, there's no award for treating her like a person,"she says hitting her forehead slightly in agitation. Camino agrees to stay with Amelia In case she wakes up while Haviana and I go grab drinks for everyone.

"Are you scared?"she asks me out of no where.

"Are you?"

"Well dad has always been there since like forever and he's dad. He's the strongest person i know,"she says with her voice breaking at the vending machine and i just hug her not knowing how comforting works when you're holding back from breaking down yourself. "Let's just make the most of it when he's here,"i say rubbing the tears from her cheeks. I was so consumed in making sure everyone knows it's going to be okay i forgot to be in touch with how feel about all this. When we get back only Camino is there on the phone with presumably his girlfriend. I give him his soda before he hangs up. "Dad is alone now so you guys can go in. I'm too scared to see him like that,"he says genuinely and i can see how red his eyes are. "Where's Amelia and mom?"i ask cautiously.

"Mom just stormed out and Amelia said she needed fresh air to stay awake because she felt bad about falling asleep,"he says and i go to her knowing exactly where to find her and give her coffee despite me knowing how hungry she must be. When i get to the rooftop I'm surprised to see mom there scolding her with her backed up on the edge. It's a bit dark to see properly but as i close in i see Amelia push my mom to the ground and my first instinct is to protect her. "What the fuck are you doing?"i ask her helping my mom up. She just looks exhausted. "She was going to push me over,"Amelia says and it's not that i don't believe her, mom could do that but she's just too vulnerable and going through a lot right now to think straight and she of all people should have seen that.