chapter seventeen

Amelia's Pov
"Why can't Linda do it, she's already good from what I've seen ,"i say rubbing my temples. "Because she's not Partner and the client specifically requested for you. You can go back to your remote working after,"he says firmly. I wasn't as surprised when i made partner because of good i was with the clients and how much money i was bringing to the firm because of how many clients requested for me. I started law school a month before i graduated highschool in because of my dad. That was the only time i let him use his connections to help me out."Okay I'll take the next flight out,"i say before he hangs up. Fabiana has already left and i don't know whether to stop by her company and tell her in person or leave a note. Her phone was always on Do not disturb on weekdays especially when she was working.

I don't carry clothes or anything because luckily the client is in London and so is my home. I check for flights and I'm just lucky that the next one is in two hours so i had enough time to get ready and drop by Fabiana's before I leave. I didn't know exactly how long the client would have me staying there depending on how big the case is, but knowing Charlie he never gave me the soft cases. Once I'm ready I call the driver telling him the plan so he'd be prepared. I didn't know how she'd react to all this but i didn't need her permission. I just wanted to tell her because we're friends and I'd feel bad if i didn't.

"Umm miss do you have an appointment?"a brunette woman asks eyeing me down like i made a mistake. "I'm here to see my wife,i don't need an appointment,"i sass knowing damn well i could have ended it at my wife but something about putting her in her place felt good. From her reaction i could easily tell Fabiana had had a one timer with her and she was maybe clinging on to the hope of something more.

Sad what girls like her go through. "Miss you still need an appointment,"she says giving me her best smile after fumbling with the keyboard. "You look like a Sarah, can i call you Sarah? Okay, how do you think your boss will react if she found out you made her wife wait out here this long when we could be having lunch by now? I have a busy day too love,"i say and she quickly picks up the phone before showing me the way to her office and even opening the door for me. Was she that scary? I find her seating at her huge desk with glasses on and i can't help but gawk at the scene. Her shirt sleeves folded neatly with her tattoos on display and a pen in her hands focusing on the laptop screen. "Boss she insisted on seeing you,says she's your wife?"Sarah asks in a rather unsure tone.

Like she was confirming something more than me being her wife which draws her attention to us. "I pay you to get work done not ask questions Olivia,"she says sternly. So her name is Olivia, Sarah would suit her best. I think to myself. "Why are you still here,get out or do you want to join my wife and i in the conversation?"she asks irritated and i can tell she won't be coming back tomorrow. I watch her get up and walk from around her desk to lean on it infront of me. "You missed me too much huh?"she asks cockily making me subconsciously roll my eyes. She was a different person with me and today confirmed it. "Im leaving Fabi,"i say watching her face drop and immediately regret how suspenseful that sounded.

"I meant I'm leaving for London to handle a case with a client and i don't know how long it'll be. Probably a day or two,"i say. She has an unreadable face which makes it harder for me to choose the next words that come out of my mouth carefully. "Okay have a safe flight,"she says simply walking back to her desk and resuming what she was doing. That's it? I was hoping for something more like a hug or at least more talk but then again this was emotionally unavailable Fabiana. Nothing new. I walk out leaving her to  it. So much for being friends. For some reason it annoyed me that she was so nonchalant about it yet when i flirt with someone her mouth is full of words all of a sudden.

After waiting for a while i get on the plane and focus on the trip ahead but that's made impossible by an abnoxious man chewing like this is the last day for gum to exist on Earth. Since i didn't have anyone to pick me up i get a taxi and head home to change before meeting the client at the firm. The house is just as i had left it with a fresh scent of detergent. It's daytime so I'm assuming ava is in class or just staying at her dorm. I freshen up happy that everything is just as i had left it with a few things replaced just to keep the house up to date. Once I'm done i drive off to the firm grabbing a bite on the way.