chapter fourteen

Fabiana Pov
I couldn't even look at her not because i was so mad at her but i was embarrassed. Embarrassed that she saw my past and now she felt nothing but pity. I worked so hard to make that image go away from anyone's mind and there she was reminding me that this would always be who i was. "What happened back there Fabiana? Why did you leave your wife like that?"Lalia asks seriously. She knew me better than anyone because we were in that hell hole together. We had similarities except i wasn't there because i tried to overdose on literally any drug i took but because my mom was so ashamed of me she hooked me up on drugs without me knowing then convinced my dad that i needed help.

Ofcourse dad didn't believe her but after the drug tests he couldn't help me. "it's none of your business,"i say coldly. In the time I've spent with Amelia I've learnt alot from her and even got comfortable with things I'd be freaking out about. I slept alone in that bed for so long and now i wanted nothing more than to have her in it so can fall asleep. "Do you want to get high for old time's sake?"she asks rubbing my thigh and i agree not caring about anything. I snort a bit of her cocaine forgetting that I'm the one driving and end up speeding shutting out her screams to slow down. I feel my head getting woozy from the drug with a bright light coming straight towards us before i fell uncouncious.

I open my eyes slowly feeling a sharp pain in my head with Amelia beside my bed asleep. She looked so cute and tired. Did i cause all this?i rub my thumb on her cheek gently stirring her awake and i remove it before she realizes what i was doing. "You're awake! I'll call the doctor,"she says groggily and i feel bad that i made her sleep in that seat when she could have had a whole bed to herself. She walks out before i can stop her and reappears with a doctor and i immediately remember Lalia. Where was she?was she okay? "Doc is my friend okay?"i ask sternly.

"She's fine she had a mild concussion,"she says and i sigh in relief that i didn't hurt her. Amelia has on a face i can't read. "Mrs Scuderi can i talk to you outside?"she asks Amelia like she was the one lying unwillingly on a hospital bed. She comes back alone with the doctor long gone. "what were you thinking doing drugs while driving Fabi? This is all my fault,"she scolds shifting the blame to herself. "This has gone too far. As soon as you're okay again I'm leaving for London. Our parents will meet each other then we'll say we're doing long distance and then say it wasn't working and get a divorce. You'll say you're too heartbroken to be in another relationship,"she says making me realize that she actually thought about everything carefully. Why did i feel like this all of a sudden? Like i was losing someone i wanted to keep.

"I'm sorry i put you in this position,"

"I'm your wife Fabi,for better for for worse they said,"she scoffs agitated.

I hold myself back from telling her that she didn't have to because this was a fake marriage. "Just get some sleep, the doctor said you can leave tomorrow. Oh what a coincidence! The dinner is tomorrow,"she says in a duh tone making me chuckle lightly coughing  a bit in the process. "And when were you going to tell me you are asthmatic?"she asks despite me thinking she was done talking for the night. "It's not that serious i promise,"i lie trying to calm her down but it's like the doctor told her literally everything. "Lair! If you can't be honest with me I'm going home and will be back to pick you up in the morning or have the driver do it,"she says grabbing her stuff including a book i assume she was reading and walks out. I wait for her to come back saying shell stay here but she doesn't. Maybe i was taking her for granted.

She was trying so hard to be my friend and make me try new things and the first chance i get i lie to her? The truth was I've never experienced certain emotions like love or care or empathy and many more mostly because my mom raised me to be different and believe that all i was was a punishment to her for her sins. I was doing okay before all this started then now i'm feeling emotions i can't describe because i don't know what they are. I end up staying awake thinking about how I'll make it up to her so she doesn't leave soon especially because I'm growing fond of her and want to protect her.

I kiss her on her forehead because i want her to know that I'm here and i appreciate her body for what it is and it's not just sex with me but she doesn't see that. Wait why did i want her to see it? I go back to sleep tired of fighting all the medicine in my system right now not wanting to think on anything else.

I wake up again this time there's bright rays in the room with a different nurse tampering with my IV probably changing it. "is my wife here?"i ask knowing if i say her name she won't recognize her.

"No miss but miss Diana is outside,do you know her?"

"Yes i do,"i say simply disappointed that Amelia didn't come.when she's done she leaves ushering Diana in and i can see her disappointment. "Mi ragazza what did you do?"she asks placing a bag which i assume has my clothes as she seats beside me.

"It's nothing Diana don't worry,"

"i have to, you haven't been like this in years. Amelia does care about you you know,she didn't come because she had to handle your mother who was busy blaming her,"she says and I'm already up taking all the things taped to my body off. The last thing i wanted was her being cornered knowing what she was like. "Diana let's go,"i say already out the door rushing to her rescue. Nobody knew my mom better than i did especially because she played a different role on everyone.

"While Fabiana is in hospital i will take over,"i hear my mom say as i get in without her noticing. "You're not taking anything mom and why are you even here?"i ask uninterested knowing this was so like her. First chance to get everything I've worked for and she pounced on it. "Fabiana i know she put you there so she can take everything you own,"she says like she was there when it all happened. "Amelia didn't do anything!i did and if i was on my death bed I'd make sure not even a penny gets to your greedy hands. I'm done with you,"i say full of rage and regret it immediately it's out of my mouth because she held my life in her hands. She could just as easily through me back there convincing everyone i wasn't sane again especially after snorting Lalia's cocaine last night.

"It's the concussion talking, We'll talk when you're better,"she says simply walking out and I'm not sure what her next move would be. I feel Amelia's hand on my shoulder trying to reassure me and I'm not sure i deserve her caring right now. "What does your mom have on you Fabi?" She asks softly shifting my body so i was now facing her small figure. She didn't need this on her. Especially not after me making her stand up to my mom for me in the name of her showing herself as a worthy wife for me to my family. "Don't worry about it  Shortie,"i say kissing her forehead subconsciously leaving her with her confused look on her face screaming, "did we just fuck and i don't remember?". Which makes me chuckle.

Fucking her was becoming harder for me especially because i felt weird things when i was with her that i literally couldn't put a label on but they were good. It was easier at first because we were strangers and kept it that way but when she started pulling me out of my hard shell things started changing.I take a shower not failing to notice that she hid all my soaps and i had to use her weird smelling ones which i surprisingly didn't hate entirely. Once I'm dressed up and not smelling like a hospital ambassador i move back to where Amelia is. She was afraid of me especially after that incident where she thought I'd hit her and i just wanted to gesture to the door. It made me realize that as much we've been under the same roof she knows so little of me and it's my fault. Not like i knew enough about her but she was willing to let me know when i was ready.